This recipe requires a handful of ingredients. To prepare it, you need to mix green olives, olive oil, chopped walnuts, pomegranate molasses, garlic, and chopped fresh mint. This recipe will elevate your green olives to a whole new level!
WHAT IS ZEYTOON PARVARDEH?
Zeytoon Parvardeh is a Persian marinated olives recipe well known in Persian cuisine. It is one of the most popular appetizers that heralds from Gilan Province in the North of Iran near the Caspian Sea.
The olives of this recipe are mainly cultivated in the city of Rudbar and are famed for their good quality, small size, and authentic taste. The Rudbar olives are difficult to find anywhere else which makes this recipe unique.
– Green olives: Pitted green olives are the core of this Persian appetizer.
-– Cloves garlic: To get a deeply rich flavor, you need to add minced garlic cloves to the olive mixture.
– Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil to make for the best result.
– Fresh Mint: Refresh and light up your Zeytoon Parvardeh recipe by adding finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
– Walnuts: Finely chopped walnuts give a crunch and texture to these Persian marinated olives.
– Salt: Add salt according to taste.