We did it again, here’s another delicious and kid –friendly recipe! We introduce the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup. It’s creamy, cheesy, and full of favor! The Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is loaded with broccoli, cheese, carrots, and many more ingredients. Add this recipe to your keto menus ,everybody!
This Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is full of tender pieces of broccoli florets that are swimming in a creamy broth. It's so quick to make and will be ready in under twenty minutes! There's no better soup that is low in carbs.
Comforting Cheesy Soup!
My mom was over the other day. Although she is not into keto and knows almost nothing about a low–carb diet. She absolutely loved it and wanted seconds! When your momma approves, you know that whatever you’re cooking will definitely make an appearance in family gatherings. Next time, I’m making my family the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup for my parents and all my nieces and nephews. This soup is just great, you can’t NOT love it! On side note, I’ll make sure to prepare a double batch!
Cheesy Soup...Perfect !
Forget about the all too familiar days when you used to come home from work, worn out and exhausted, only to lunch on a CAN of cold soup. Well, those days are OVER .We know your schedule hasn’t changed and most of you are still working long hours, but we came up with the BEST soup that is inspired by Panera: the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe. A bowl of hot soup is perfect for unwinding after hectic day. There’s nothing like homemade soup after a long, long day.
Some of the ingredients of the original recipe aren’t keto friendly, but this recipe is perfect for the keto lovers out there, whether you’re going keto because you’re trying to lose weight or just simply interested in being on a keto-friendly diet. You do you! We got you covered
with a modified recipe that’s just as good!
Go Keto !!
Why Do I love Soup?
There’s really no better way to get your daily dose of carbs. Soups are great; they’re hot, flavorful, and delicious. Also, they can be enjoyed all year round! Who said you can’t enjoy a hot bowl of soup when it’s 80 degrees outside?
The texture of the broccoli is amazing after it is exposed to the simmering heat of your stove. The cheese mix thickens the broth and locks in the delicious flavors. There’s nothing that I love more than a thick soup. The consistency is just mind blowing! Every spoonful is filing! This Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup is keto, low carb, and gluten-free. Once you make this soup, chances are you will never stop making it.
If Your Kids Hate Broccoli, You’re Cooking It Wrong
Let’s face it, most kids nowadays aren’t the biggest fans of broccoli. My kids used to hate broccoli and would grimace whenever the word ‘broccoli ‘was mentioned in a conversation. They would even gag if I tried to force them to eat some broccoli during dinner. The broccoli keto cheese soup is a great way to introduce your kids to a heathy diet that is loaded with fiber.
When I introduced them to the keto broccoli soup, everything changed! My kids were finally consuming some broccoli thanks to the overwhelming amount of cheese that go into making this delish soup. The unpleasant taste of broccoli could be easily masked by the cheddar cheese in the soup. The broccoli florets won’t be recognizable anymore!
You don’t have to worry about your kids not eating broccoli, just make sure they’re not slurping their soup when guests are over Lol.
The Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Ingredients
It's Very Easy to Make!
- Butter: Add a stick of butter for that fantastic buttery flavor.
- Onions and garlic: I like adding finely chopped garlic and onions to the soup for a delicious flavor.
- Freshly grated carrots: I highly recommend buying large carrots and grating them yourself; avoid using pre-grated carrots. They don't taste as good as fresh carrots.
- Fresh broccoli florets: get a broccoli head and cut it into florets.
- Black pepper, nutmeg, and maggie cube (or salt): Add to taste. Don't overdo it because cheese is already a little salty.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream gives richness and creaminess to this soup.
- Milk : Use any low carb milk of your choice or mix half & half ( you can use whole milk as well)
- Freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese: shred your cheese at home because freshly-shredded cheese tastes and melts much better.
How to Make the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Heavy Cream
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes, frequently stirring until they are soft.
- Add carrots and broccoli. Then saute for five more minutes until veggies are nearly soft.
- Add heavy cream, black pepper (maggie cube or salt), nutmeg, and milk. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and stir; cook for five more minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm with more cheese on top if desired.
Other Recipes You Will LOVE
- keto Crunchwrap
- Easy keto chicken fritters
- Chicken enchilada with Philadelphia cream cheese
- Chicken tikka in oven
Frequently Asked Questions about the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Yes, however, the Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup tastes much better with freshly grated carrots.
Yes, but as always, fresh works better. Frozen broccoli's texture and flavor is a bit different.
Yes, however, shredded cheese doesn't melt or taste as good as freshly shredded cheddar.
To refrigerate: You can store leftovers in an airtight container stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the soup on the stovetop on medium heat.
To freeze: Place soup in a freezer-safe bag or a freezer-safe container for up to 10 days. To reheat the soup, thaw entirely and then heat on low heat.
How to Serve This Soup:
This delicious soup is very filling; it makes a perfect stand-alone meal. You can also serve it in a bread bowl like Panera , or you can also top it with croutons or shredded chicken.
Tips for Making the Best Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Scratch:
- Cut broccoli into small florets
- Chop onions and garlic very finely; smaller pieces of vegetables will cook more quickly than large chunks .
- Add lots of freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese; avoid pre-shredded cheeses.
- If you are on a keto or low carb diet, add any keto milk brand.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets,
don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Share it with me on Instagram.
Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups freshly grated carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmag
- 1 Maggie chicken cube or just use salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups any milk of your choice or half and half
- 2 cups freshly shreded sharp cheddar cheese
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes while frequently stirring until they are soft.
- Add carrots and broccoli, saute for five more minutes until veggies are nearly soft.
- Add heavy cream, black pepper (maggie cube or salt) and nutmeg, and milk. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add shredded cheese and stir; cook for five more minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with more cheese if desired.