Did Somebody Say Enchiladas ?
The Enchiladas !
If you like the taste of tortillas but feel like you need to a change them up and adore cheese, then it’s definitely time to make enchiladas! My all-time favorite white, cheesy, and creamy chicken enchiladas with Philadelphia cream cheese recipe is super easy to make. It is full of flavor and looks amazing! The way the cheese melts and from the sides and oozes is so captivating! What is so great about it is that you can customize it with your favorite fillings. A great enchilada can be made out of many kinds of cheese and a variety of meats, but in order to the perfect chick enchilada, you need to add the impeccable Philadelphia cream cheese.
The Philadelphia cream cheese chicken enchiladas are to die for. These creamy chicken enchiladas with cream cheese are so easy to make .Enchiladas are filling food .If you’re ever stumped for dinner or lunch ideas , go ahead and make those cheesy enchiladas . They’re really filling and perfect for a huge number of people .I mean, sure they're full of calories ,but believe me when I tell you it’s so worth it
We Love Mexican Food !
If you’re craving Mexican food , this recipe is for you . We fine-tuned the best enchiladas with Philadelphia cream cheese recipe for all the Mexican food lovers out there .Its savory sauce, crispy tortillas , creamy chicken , and amazing flavor will have you hooked for good .Enchiladas can be enjoyed as a simple snack or a holiday side –dish .
This dish is perfect to make for lunch . I usually make it every other weekend .My kids adore enchiladas . They sometimes even have breakfast enchiladas for brunch ! I love how enchiladas are perfect for brunch , breakfast ,lunch , and celebrations . If this doesn’t prove how good enchiladas are,then nothing does !
It's So Cheesy !
You can make as many as you want as long as you still have leftover filling , so if you’re in the mood for seconds , make sure you double your ingredients beforehand because let’s face it : you already know you’re going to have seconds !
Chicken Enchilada Ingredients:
Nothing says comfort food like Mexican food! The chicken enchilada recipe with Philadelphia cream cheese is flexible when it comes to ingredients. Feel free to get creative and add or omit your favorite ingredients. Originally form Mexican cuisine, the tender tortilla wrap is good with everything !
You will need:
- Chicken: I shredded a rotisserie chicken in this recipe; however, you can use diced chicken breast, shredded chicken breast, or any leftover boneless chicken.
- Philadelphia Cream cheese: Cream cheese will make those delicious enchiladas creamy. Use full-fat cream cheese.
- Heavy cream: is used to coat the baking dish .It is also poured on top of rolled tortillas. You can use red or green enchilada sauce instead of heavy cream.
- Butter: use butter to saute onions and garlic; however, you can use any flavorless oils.
- Onions and garlic: I added onions and garlic; you can omit them if want to.
- Jalapenos: I used canned jalapenos; feel free to add fresh jalapenos.
- Seasonings: I only used salt and white pepper, but you can use any seasoning you prefer.
- Tortillas: I used flour tortillas; they are easy to roll. Feel free to use your favorite tortillas.
- Cheese: I like using a mixture of pepper jack, Mexican blend cheese, and cheddar cheese. Any other shredded cheese would also work.
- Toppings: I topped mine with sour cream. Enchiladas taste great with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, or diced onions.
White Chicken Enchiladas with Cream Cheese:
This white chicken enchilada recipe with cream cheese is full of flavor, and we didn't use any canned enchilada sauce. It's one of the best meals you can make for your family : soft flour tortillas filled with chicken and creamy white sauce. Making this white chicken enchilada recipe with cream cheese doesn't require any special skills; it's beginner-friendly. It will probably be one of the easiest recipes you will ever make !
IT's Too Good To Be True!
Leftovers are Life-Savers !
I saved the best part for last, you can make enchiladas using leftover chicken or meat. I know a lot of moms don’t know what to do with leftover food. Leftovers are life savers in my house .I always know before making any meal if we will have leftovers. Luckily, the day before the first time I made chicken enchiladas for my family, we had rotisserie chicken .How convenient! So if you ever have leftovers or a rotisserie chicken and don’t know what to do with it, enchiladas are the perfect way to use them for this recipe. Also, don’t even throw away chicken bones. Add them to a pot with some water and boil them for 20 minutes to make the best –tasting stock. This is because we will dip our tortillas in the chicken stock before filling them up. On a side note, broth is really good for you since it’s loaded with a lot of collagen and gelatin .These 2 nutrients can help strengthen your muscles and joints.
How to Make Philadelphia Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas:
- Shred rotisserie chicken: transfer the bones to a pot, add 2 cups of water and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Add butter to a large skillet, sauté onions, garlic, and then add cream cheese, jalapenos, shredded chicken, salt, and white pepper. Heat up until the mixture is creamy.
- Coat a baking dish with heavy cream; Dip tortillas in chicken stock. Place a scoop of the chicken mixture on a tortilla ,add some cheese, roll the filled tortillas and place the seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream on top of your rolled tortillas. Top them with more cheese.
- ( Bake at 350 degrees F - 177 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Yes ,just make sure your enchiladas have cooled completely .Cover them with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. You can freeze your cream cheese chicken enchiladas for up to 3 months.
Place frozen chicken enchiladas in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. If you just got them out of the fridge,bake them for 15-20 minutes.
You can add a whole piece of chicken breast or slice your chicken breast .Then add them to a pot full of water with a pinch of salt. Boil on medium heat until chicken is no longer pink or the temperature of chicken reaches 165 °F.
In order to prevent your enchiladas from turning out soggy or a little moist , you can heat them for a short period of time . This will prevent the tortillas from soaking a lot of sauce ,so you're enchiladas will turn out great !
Easy cheesy chicken enchiladas: These cheesy chicken enchiladas with cream cheese will be the perfect side for Thanksgiving dinner. You can get them done in very little time. Chicken enchiladas reheat very well and taste great for days to come .Feel free to try out this authentic Mexican food !
Other recipes you will adore:
- Mashed potatoes with Boursin cheese
- keto Crunchwrap
- Chicken tikka in oven
- Bulgur pilaf with vermicelli and Chicken
- Cheddar broccoli soup from scratch
Chicken enchilada recipe with cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cups finely chopped onions
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon canned jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Shred rotisserie chicken , transfer the bones to a pot, add 2 cups of water, and let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Add butter to a large skillet ,sauté onions and garlic, and then add cream cheese, jalapenos, shredded chicken, salt, and white pepper. Heat up until the mixture is creamy.
- Coat a baking dish with heavy cream then dip tortillas in chicken stock. Place a scoop of the chicken mixture on a tortilla and add some cheese .Also , roll the filled tortillas and place the seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream on top of rolled tortillas. Top it with more cheese.
- ( Bake at 350 degrees F - 177 degrees C) for 20 minutes.