Potato Lovers, today is your lucky day? Especially if you're on the lookout for an easy and delicious recipe for your Thanksgiving feast, holiday celebrations, or any day! Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes is one of the best options you can choose to enrich your meal with a flavorful and fun side dish.
Quick to Whip Up!
When my kids are hungry, I search for a quick recipe to fill their stomachs with. Effortlessly easy to make using an electric pressure cooker to cook yellow potatoes to softness for mashed potatoes with simplified steps.
Easy mashed potatoes recipe only needs about 8 minutes of cook time! This best instant pot version recipe offers a perfectly creamy texture and golden buttery color.
Believe me, trying this instant pot recipe will make you an addict of this extraordinary Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes. It's sure to be a treat on a dinner table with other delicious foods!
Butter is that Secret Ingredient in Mashed Potatoes!
No Instant Pot, Don’t Worry!
If you do not have an Instant Pot, then do not worry! Mashed Potato recipe doesn’t require a complex technique and specific equipment. It’s true that the quickest easiest way to make this recipe is using an Instant Pot, but you can make this recipe using your stovetop, or your Crock Pot known as a slow cooker.
Making Mashed Potatoes Using a Stovetop
Put the peeled and cut potatoes in an 8-quart pot and add enough vegetable broth to cover the potatoes. Boil on high heat for 8 minutes, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are tender, it will take about 20-25 minutes. If you really want to save those extra 20 minutes or so, you can opt for a stovetop pressure cooker. Prepare the potatoes the same way and put them into the pot. Put it on the stove and cut cooking time in half!
Making Mashed Potatoes Using a Crock Pot
Peel and cut potatoes, then place them into the bottom of your Crock Pot. After that, add whole milk and a pinch of salt over the potatoes. Pour vegetable broth on top of potatoes, cover, and cook on high for 4-5 hours until potatoes are tender. Now, add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and teaspoon salt (if needed). Mash potatoes with a potato hand masher or potato ricer. Finally, return cooked potatoes to the Crock Pot in order to keep them warm until ready to serve.
Fluffy and Flavorful Spins
Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Serving Suggestions
One of the joys of cooking is when I get to serve up food that I have prepared. Obviously, we prepare ahead of time a menu on what we're serving up to our families or loved ones on any given given night of the week.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (No Drain) is an essential perfect side dish for THANKSGIVING dinner and HOLIDAYS meal! You can also serve it as an appetizer or as a snack!
Creamy Mashed Potatoes dish goes well with chicken, sausages, steak, seafood, or even with gravy.
A Little Slice of Happiness!
Tips and Tricks
Cut potatoes into equal size: Try out to cut best potatoes into equal sized cubes. You can cut them into 1 ½ inch pieces. This is the best thing to guarantee that your potatoes cook evenly.
Potato masher: If you don’t have a potato masher, you can use a hand mixer to mash and mix all ingredients together. However, avoid using an immersion blender.
Salt to Taste: After mashing potatoes, taste to know if you should add more salt for the best taste.
Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that you are adding the needed amount of tablespoons of butter and cream cheese at room temperature. It will help the mixing process be easy.
Broth: You can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth.
Cheesy texture: To make cheesy mashed potatoes, add in shredded or soft cheeses you love. You can add Parmesan cheese, goat cheese, and cheddar cheese. They are great options!
Add Extra Flavors and colors: Before serving, try to sprinkle on the top of the serving bowl fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, or basil. This will add a variety of flavors and colors to mashed potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
For best results, I use Yukon potatoes for mashing in this recipe. Russet Potatoes or red potatoes are also good options.
Yes, of course! It is all about your preference to peel potatoes or not. If you prefer to leave the potatoes skin, check out my Skin on Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes recipe.
Absolutely! You can use either heavy cream or regular milk instead of the whole milk mixture.
It depends on the equipment you use to cook potatoes. It takes about 8-10 min using an instant pot, 20-25 minutes using a Stovetop, and 4-5 hours using a Crock Pot.
To store Mashed Potatoes leftovers, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat Mashed Potatoes, you can warm them in the microwave, stovetop, or instant pot. All you have to do is to add liquid in order to maintain the creamy texture. You can add a splash of milk, butter, or vegetable broth.
Creamy and Buttery Flavor
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
To make this creamy instant pot mashed potatoes recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, washed and cut into quarters)
- vegetable broth
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- Salt to taste
- milk (you can add milk at the end if mashed potatoes are too thick to your liking)
Check the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make?
By following these simple steps, I assure that you will have an easy work of great mashed potatoes getting such an amazing side dish for your dining table!
1. Quick rinse the Yukon gold potatoes, peel them, and cut them into quarters.
2. Place potatoes, vegetable broth, and salt inside the instant pot inner pot.
3. Close the lid and turn the knob to seal.
4. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. (turn the warm mode off)
5. Immediately quick release the remaining pressure.
6. Now add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed)
7. Mash them with a potato masher until smooth and fluffy results.
8. Add warm milk if the mashed potatoes are too thick.
9. Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
Ready To Be Served!
This Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe is my new favorite way to add a unique flavor to main dishes. and will impress all your family members and your guests. Do not forget to thank me later!
Other Great Easy Recipes You Must Try
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
- Mediterranean Potato Kubba - Potato Chap
- Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe (Dolma
- Crunchy Fried Chicken Wonton Recipe
- Haydari Meze (Turkish Yogurt Dip)
- Pasta Da Vinci Cheesecake Factory
- Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes (No Drain - 8 Minutes!)
- About 10 Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, washed and cut into quarters)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- ½ cup milk (you can add milk at the end if mashed potatoes are too thick to your liking)
- Wash the Yukon gold potatoes, peel them and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes, vegetable broth, and salt inside the instant pot inner pot.
- Close the lid and turn the knob to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 8minutes. (turn the warm mode off)
- Immediately release the pressure.
- Now add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed)
- Mash them with a potatoes masher until fluffy and smooth.
- Add milk if the mashed potatoes are too thick.
- Taste and add more seasonings as needed.