Potato Lovers, today is your lucky day? Especially if you're on the lookout for an easy and delicious recipe for your Thanksgiving feast, holiday celebrations, or any day! Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes is one of the best options you can choose to enrich your meal with a flavorful and fun side dish.
Quick to Whip Up!
When my kids are hungry, I search for a quick recipe to fill their stomachs with. Effortlessly easy to make using a Pressure Cooker to cook the potatoes to softness for mashed potatoes with simplified steps. It only needs about 8 minutes of your time!
This recipe offers a perfectly creamy and buttery flavor. Believe me, trying this recipe will make you an addict of this extraordinary Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes. It's sure to be a treat on a table spread of other delicious foods!
Butter is that Unique Food Factor in Mashed Potatoes!
No Instant Pot, Don’t Worry!
If you do not have an Instant Pot, then do not worry! Mashed Potatoes recipe doesn’t require a complex technique and specific equipment. It’s true that using an Instant Pot to make this recipe is easier and quicker, but you can make this recipe using your stovetop, or a Crock Pot.
Making Mashed Potatoes Using a Stovetop
Put the peeled and cut potatoes in an 8-quart pot and add enough vegetable broth to cover the potatoes. Boil on high heat for 8 minutes, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are tender, it will take about 20-25 minutes. If you really want to save those extra 20 minutes or so, you can opt for a stovetop pressure cooker. Prepare the potatoes the same way and put into pot. Put it on stove and cut cooking in time in half!
Making Mashed Potatoes Using a Crock Pot
Peel and cut potatoes, then place them into the bottom of your Crock Pot. After that, add milk and a pinch of salt over the potatoes. Pour vegetable broth on top of potatoes, cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours until potatoes are tender. Now, add cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed). Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Finally, Return mashed potatoes to the Crock Pot in order to keep them warm until ready to serve.
Fluffy and Flavorful
Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Serving Suggestions
One of the joys of cooking is when I get to serve up food that I have prepared. Obviously, we prepare ahead of time a menu on what we're serving up to our families or loved ones on any given day. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (No Drain) is an essential perfect side dish for THANKSGIVING and HOLIDAYS! You can also serve it as an appetizer or as a snack!
Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes goes well with chicken, sausages, steak, seafood, or even with gravy. You can pair it with Coke Can Chicken Recipe| Oven Roasted Chicken, 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon, Quick and Easy Vegetable Broth Gravy, etc.
A Little Slice of Happiness!
Tips and Tricks
Cut potatoes into equal size: Try out to cut potatoes into equal sized cubes. This way you guarantee that your potatoes cook evenly.
Salt to Taste: After mashing potatoes, taste to know if you should add more salt for the best flavor.
Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure that you are adding butter and cream cheese at room temperature. It will help the mixing process easy.
Add Extra Flavors and colors: Before serving, try to add fresh oregano, thyme, or rosemary, parsley, or basil. This will add a variety of flavors and colors to mashed potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
I use Yukon Gold Potatoes for mashing in this recipe. Russet Potatoes are also a good option.
Yes, of course! It is all about your preference to peel potatoes or not. If you prefer to leave the potatoes skin, check out my Skin on Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes recipe.
It depends on the equipment you use to cook potatoes. It takes about 8-10 min using an instant pot, 20-25 minutes using a Stovetop, and 4-5 hours using a Crock Pot.
To store Mashed Potatoes leftovers, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat Mashed Potatoes, you can warm them in the microwave, stovetop, or instant pot. All you have to do is to add liquid in order to maintain the creamy texture. You can add a splash of milk, butter, or vegetable broth.
Creamy and Buttery Flavor
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, washed and cut into quarters)
- vegetable broth
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- Salt to taste
- milk (you can add milk at the end if mashed potatoes are too thick to your liking)
How To Make?
By following these simple steps, I assure that you will get an amazing side dish for your dining table!
- Wash the Yukon gold potatoes, peel them and cut into quarters.
2. Place potatoes, vegetable broth, and salt inside the instant pot inner pot.
3. Close the lid and turn the knob to seal.
4. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. (turn the warm mode off)
5. Immediately release the pressure.
6. Now add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed)
7. Mash them with a potatoes masher until fluffy and smooth.
8. Add milk if the mashed potatoes are too thick.
9. Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
Ready To Be Served!
This Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Recipe is a quick, easy, and delicious recipe that will add a unique flavor to your main dish, and will impress all your family members and your guests. Do not forget to thank me later!
Other Great Recipes You Must Try
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Effortless Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Quick and Easy Creamy Butter Chicken Recipe
- Foil Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe (Dolma)
- Crunchy Fried Chicken Wonton Recipe
- Easy Keto Crunchwrap Supreme
- Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
- Feta Pasta Recipe | TikTok Pasta
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes (No Drain - 8 Minutes!)
- About 10 Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, washed and cut into quarters)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- salt to taste
- ½ cup milk (you can add milk at the end if mashed potatoes are too thick to your liking)
- Wash the Yukon gold potatoes, peel them and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes, vegetable broth, and salt inside the instant pot inner pot.
- Close the lid and turn the knob to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 8minutes. (turn the warm mode off)
- Immediately release the pressure.
- Now add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed)
- Mash them with a potatoes masher until fluffy and smooth.
- Add milk if the mashed potatoes are too thick.
- Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate only.