If you are reading this 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon recipe you are probably looking for a delicious, yet quick recipe. You also probably enjoy eating delectable seafood from time to time.
It is healthy and delicious, but sometimes it takes a lot of time to cook and to prepare for. Here, I give you the ultimate salmon recipe that you can easily make with your air fryer. YES! with an air fryer!
You will love this recipe and will be astonished by how delicious and simple it is to make. This 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon recipe is the perfect choice for a perfect and fast healthy seafood lunch or dinner. You can make this dish with simple and easy-to-find ingredients.
This 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon recipe is special in many ways. Let's be honest, we all want to make healthy but very fast lunches for ourselves and our families. As they return back from school, you want to make sure they have the best after-school delicious meal but you are not feeling like you can spend hours and hours in your kitchen preparing a 6 hour meal for them.
In this recipe, I give you the ultimate way to the easiest and fastest seafood delicious meal. You will cook your salmon in an air fryer so quickly and mix honey, soy sauce, and some other simple ingredients as your salmon sauce.
For a Quick and Healthy Day
What is Special About Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon:
- Easy and quick to make. Using an air fryer in this recipe is the quickest way to cook your fish and vegetables.
- Healthy. Also, using an air fryer not only saves time but makes it a super healthy dish. You will not deep fry or fry your fish. This saves you from a lot of fat.
- Brushed with a special delicious sauce. The honey added to this recipe gives the amazing sweet taste to your salmon. You will end up with a sticky shining glazed salmon with a unique taste that you will definitely enjoy.
Should You Keep the Salmon Skin or Remove it?
You can remove the skin and you can keep it. It is usually cooked with skin. If you decide to keep its skin, marinate it with skin up. This way the sauce you made is soaked into most parts of the fish or the salmon. The skin is tasty! It provides a lot of extra flavor and texture. I recommend keeping the skin and following my recipe.
Can You Use Fresh Garlic and Onion instead of Powder?
I don’t prefer this. Fresh garlic and onion may burn in the air fryer. Avoid the burnt flavor and use the garlic and onion powder for the special taste. Powders are more intense in flavor. Also, they are used in salad dressings, creamy dips, soups, and stews or as a base for marinades.
Air Fryers Vs. Deep Fryers
Air fryers cook food by high heat air. A fan placed at the top of the fryer blows super heated air at the food. Hot air moves around the food to cook it on all sides which also makes the outer shell crispy .
Deep fryers work by cooking different foods like chicken, potato chips, french fries, or more in hot oil. Also, deep frying creates crisp shells from outside because it removes all moisture and water from the outer shell of the food.
Differences Between Air Fryers and Deep Fryers:
- When you deep fry food, the food is fully bathed in hot oil, while air frying requires one tablespoon of oil or no oil.
- Deep frying creates a crispier and thicker outer shell.
- The Use of deep fryers is bound to fry food, whereas air fryers can be used in different ways like grilling and baking cakes and desserts!
- Cleaning is much easier with air fryers! You will use a little amount of oil or no oil in air fryers so cleaning up is a super easy task. While in deep fryers, it wouldn’t be easy to find the suitable way to get rid of a large amount of oil.
So now what would you choose? Air fryers or deep fryers?
Tips on Cooking Salmon:
Adjust the time of your air fryer according to how thick your salmon is. Thinner salmon needs less time.
I suggest cooking the salmon for a total of 10 minutes, but if you are cooking fish for the first time, I prefer checking the fish before the time is up ,for the air fryer may cook it faster sometimes. That depends on the type of the air fryer.
Keep your salmon fish in your freezer. It is super easy to thaw. So, when you decide to make this recipe or whenever you crave an easy and fast salmon dish, you can take it out from your freezer, thaw it, and make your dish in 10 minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is better to cook your fish after 1 or 2 days of buying it. When you cook it, you can store it in an air-tight container. In this way it will last for up to 3 days. Within these you can reheat it and add your favorite side dish like salads or some potatoes.
For sure, you can freeze salmon for up to three months. But first be sure to store in an air-tight container or air-free zip locks. When you want to prepare you salmon meal, transfer salmon from the freezer to the fridge to thaw overnights
Yes! You can cook any type of fish in an air fryer. I think cooking in an air fryer is a smart choice. It is a time saver.
- Salmon fillets with skin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
How to make the 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
First Step: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Second step: Brush salmon fillets with oil.
Third step: Sprinkle with the spices (salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika).
Fourth step: Spray air fryer basket with oil and place salmon fillets in the basket skin side down.
Fifth step: Air fry for 9 minutes at 400 degrees.
Sixth step: To make the sauce: in a small bowl, combine, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and finely chopped garlic, mix until all combined
Seventh step: Brush the salmon fillet with the mixture and air fryer for 1 more minute.
For a Healthy Meal
Other Main Dishes that You Will Love:
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken | Instant Pot Whole Chicken And Rice
- Cast Iron Baby Lamb Chops With Garlic
- Dawood Basha (Baked Kafta and Potatoes)
- Effortless Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Sheikh El Mahshi (Middle Eastern Meat-Stuffed Eggplant)
- 3 Ingredient Vermicelli Rice in Instant Pot
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Quick and Easy Creamy Butter Chicken Recipe
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Foil Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets with skin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Brush salmon fillets with oil.
- Sprinkle with the spices (salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika).
- Spray air fryer basket with oil and place salmon fillets skin side down in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry them for 9 minutes on 400 degrees.
- To make the sauce: in a small bowl, combine, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and finely chopped garlic. Mix until all combined.
- Brush the salmon fillets with the mixture and air fry them for 1 more minute.