Ever since fall officially greeted us with its smooth breeze and falling leaves, it is only appropriate to warm ourselves with our favorite sweaters, blankets, warm drinks, and something delicious to munch on; and these peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies are powerful candidates!
Keep in mind that whether you are making a simple bowl of oatmeal or getting creative with baked oats, rest assured that you can never go wrong with this kitchen staple!
Oh! Next time you feel like baking, make sure you take a stroll in the dessert section of my website. This healthy snack might not be a powerhouse of sugary delight, but my collection of sweet treats is heavily armed with anything and everything that is sweet tooth approved!
Attaining Deliciousness Never Looked Easier!
Complete List of Ingredients
- Ripe banana: Always work with an overripe banana. The riper, the sweeter it is. This is essential since there isn't any added sugar in this recipe.
- Natural peanut butter, or creamy almond butter
- Old fashioned oats
- Chocolate chips: Use your favorite type of chocolate chips. Great options would be dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, sugar-free chocolate chips, or regular chocolate chips.
A Perfect Snack! Anytime, Anywhere!
Instructions to Follow
Then, gently press the cookie balls down and add a few chocolate chips on top if desired.
Healthy Eating In Its Finest!
Think you might enjoy the recipe a little more if done in a specific way? Need to meet your family and friends refined tastes and preferences? Well, be my guest! Check out the following variations and make this easiest cookie recipe your own!
There Is Nothing a Cookie Can't Fix!
Equipment to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
A 4-Ingredient Delicious Creation!
Store Them For Days Ahead!
Helpful Tips for Best Results
Here are the top tips to keep in mind before indulging in your afternoon cooking adventure!
- Use room temperature ingredients. Working around cold ingredients might affect the cooking process, and ultimately the desired outcome.
- If you have decided to switch the type of oats you are using, remember that the baking time might change too. For example, old fashioned oats needs more time to cook than quick oats.
- Make sure you mash the main ingredients really well. Leaving large pieces of banana might dry out the cookie dough. So, mash bananas with all your might!
Naturally Sweet and Healthy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
If your cookie dough is too wet, add an extra tablespoon of oats, or more, until you get the desired consistency. That should be enough to hold everything together. On the other hand, if your dough is too dry, drop in a mashed banana.
If you don't have a cookie scoop, then scoop out about a tablespoon of dough in oiled hands, form a ball, then press with your hands to form a thick disk. That's how you get a cookie shape!
Remember that you can't compare these banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with ones from traditional cookie recipes. Expect a slightly sweet peanut butter flavor mixed with the subtle sweetness of the bananas. Delicious, yet healthy.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
4-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas about ⅔ cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter or creamy almond butter
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and mix until everything is combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scope the dough with a small-sized cookie scoop or 1-tablespoon measuring spoon. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Gently press the cookie balls down and add a few chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly brown. Let cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Leave a Reply