It’s fall season! Try these mini Apple Pies Bites with Puff Pastry. Crispy puff pastry dough and sweet apple pie filling are baked to golden flaky perfection to make the perfect fall dessert. These gems are perfect for parties or gatherings with friends and family. Make your own apple pie cups today in a fraction of the time!
Delightful Apple Pie Bites
Mini Apple Puff Pastry in Muffin Tins
Warm apple pie is one of the classic fall desserts people enjoy with its flaky pie crust. Are you craving a piece of apple pie but don’t want to make a regular homemade apple pie? You’re lucky!
Mini apple tarts with puff pastries are for you! With a few simple ingredients and easy steps, these individual pies will take around 35 minutes of your time.
Mini apple pie bites are also the perfect real treat for holidays and special occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or friends’ gatherings.
Impress Your Guests!
To make the mini apple pie bites recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Apple pie filling: To fill small apple pies with puff pastry, I use pre-made apple pie filling. You can also use homemade apple pie filling.
- Puff pastry sheets: Use a pre-made dough of puff pastry sheets to make simple mini apple pies.
- Walnuts: Top your mini apple pies with puff pastry with walnuts before baking them.
- Powdered sugar: Garnish your individual apple pies with puff pastry with powdered sugar for yummy apple bites.
Check the recipe card for quantities.
A Bite of Heaven!
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the muffin tin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, unwrap the sheet of puff pastry and place it on a lightly floured surface. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares.
Then, place one square of the pie dough into each muffin cup and gently press it in. Repeat for the rest of the squares.
Now, fill each of the small squares with 1-2 tablespoons of the sweet apple filling and add some walnuts.
After that, place mini puff pastry apple pies in your preheated oven and bake for 18–20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Finally, allow your mini apple pies with canned filling to cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle them with powdered sugar and enjoy.
With a Crispy Puff Pastry Crust!
How to Make Homemade Apple Pie Filling?
First, use an apple corer to remove the cores of the fresh apples and chop them into small apple slices. Keep the apple bite-sized pieces in lemon juice. It will help the apples stay fresh.
After that, in a large pan over medium heat, bring water, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon to a boil. Stir constantly for about 3–4 minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
Next, add sliced apples to the mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Cook until the apples are done, about 10 minutes.
Finally, cool the apple filling for 10 minutes, then transfer it to containers and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it.
Best Ways to Serve Mini Apple Puff Pastry
When making a new recipe, the best part is usually when I serve the final results and see how much I impress my loved ones.
If you are a fan of fall flavor, you can enjoy these mini tart apples with caramel sauce. you can also enjoy mini apple pie puff pastry with a cup of coffee or a cup of tea.
For special occasions and holidays, top your mini pies with puff pastry with a cream cheese swirl or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You can also enjoy one of these amazing fall recipes: Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Cake Mix, Easy Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping, Jumbo Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins, Lemon Cookies Using Cake Mix, etc.
Pin to Save for Later!
- Filling: Instead of canned apple mixture, you can use your own prepared homemade filling to make mini bite of apple pie recipe.
- Walnuts: If you don’t have walnuts on hand, you can use chopped pecans or pistachios. They are really good!
- Apple turnovers: Turn apple pie bites with pie filling into apple mini desserts in form of triangles to get apple turnovers. These tasty apple-filled pastries are great for breakfast.
- Egg wash: Brush the tops of the mini pies with puff pastry using a pastry brush before baking with coconut oil or egg wash. To make egg wash, whisk in a small bowl one egg and water using a wooden spoon.
Baked to Perfection!
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut puff pastry dough.
- If you love the form of regular pie, you can make small strips on top of the mini pies.
- Allow the apple pies to cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan before you remove them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Absolutely! You can prepare these mini apple pie bites ahead of time and bake them when you are ready. Cover the mini apple pies puff pastry with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Fresh gala apples, pink lady apples, or granny smith apples are the best apples to use in order to make apple homemade filling.
You can use any pie crust recipe or store-bought pie crust. If you want to get really fancy, you can use cinnamon roll crust to make cinnamon roll apple pie cups.
To make mini apple tarts with puff pastry, you need to use Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Pan.
Perfect for Parties and Gatherings!
Mini Apple tarts are wonderful while served warm or at room temperature. However, you can store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Refrigerator: Store apple pie bites with puff pastry leftovers for about 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: Place cooled pies on a baking sheet or into freezer bags and freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: To reheat apple pie bites with pie filling, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator and place them in the microwave to warm them up.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Mini Apple Pies with Puff Pastry
- 10 oz. Apple pie filling
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the muffin tins with nonesitck cooking spray.
- Unwrap the puff pastry sheet and place it on a flat surface. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares.
- Place one square into the muffin tin and gently press it in. Repeat for the rest of the squares.
- Fill each square with 1-2 tablespoons of the apple pie filling and add some walnuts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.