What if you have a dessert recipe that is a light breakfast, perfect for an after lunch sweet treat, or an after-school snack for your kids? What if you can make this treat way better than stores and bakeries in the easiest way possible and with simple ingredients? Wouldn't that be your perfect choice? It is definitely mine! Jumbo Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins are my choice every time.
These Muffins have all the fluffiness and moistness that you have always hoped for every time you sink your teeth in a baked dessert.
Adding to that, the juicy blueberries and the buttery texture make an irresistible combination in this recipe. I am so excited to tell you more and show you this amazing recipe.
Fluffiness is Real!
What a delicious treat these Jumbo Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins are! I never get bored getting up and baking them. They are crowd-pleasers, kid friendly, and a day or night perfect dessert.
Get ready to make these magical muffins from simple ingredients: buttermilk, flour, sugar, and blueberries. I guarantee they will be best muffins you'll ever taste.
Deliciously Rich Muffins
Do it Right! Choose Your Own Way to Eat Your Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
Who doesn’t love to open the day with a fluffy, delicious blueberry muffin? Muffins are one of the most famous and loved traditional breakfasts, sweet treats, or after-lunch sweet snacks. Do you know there is no one way to eat your muffin? Here are some of the best ways to eat your muffins. Choose your favorite and enjoy this unique deliciousness.
Cut in Half
Slice your muffins in half and choose your favorite spread, from peanut butter and cream cheese to Greek yogurt, cookie butter, or hazelnut spread which are the fancier options.
Heat and Crisp it Up with Butter
It is true that butter makes everything tastier and heavenly delicious. So, why not try these muffins with butter? Spread warm butter on each side of the halved muffin. Then, turn the heat up and get a nonstick pan.
Next, crisp the muffin over the heat until it turns to golden, brownish color. You can even go for the extra mile and top your muffins with fruit jam or freshly cut fresh fruits of your choice.
With an Ice Cream Twist
Don't hesitate to add some ice cream touches to your dessert. So, if your dessert gets along with an ice cream scoop, get up and scoop some. For muffins, it is one of the perfect twists.
Choose your favorite ice cream flavor like vanilla ice cream and as you take a bite from your muffin scoop a bit of ice cream to your mouth. You will be amazed by this magical combination.
Bringing Smiles With These Gems!
Frequently Asked Questions:
You should have your main ingredients at room temperature. When eggs, butter and milk are at room temperature, they help to create a smooth, soft mixture that traps air and expands in the oven. Such expansion is the reason behind the fluffiness and lightness of your muffins.
You might have used your leavening ingredients with wrong measures or even forgot to use them. These ingredients are essential for the batter expansion and the baking process in the first place. If you don’t use them with the suitable measures, you will end up with flat muffins.
You can toss your blueberries in sugar, honey, or maple syrup. Another option is tossing them in some fresh juice. You don’t need to wait a lot to get the flavor you want.
Use a liner in your tin to easily remove the muffins in one perfect piece. You can make a liner with parchment paper. Also, you can grease each muffin cup or the muffin tin with butter.
Don’t over fill the muffin cup. Three-quarters of the way is perfect for the best result.
Baking time in different ovens might differ. So, use a toothpick or cake tester to test if your muffins are baked or need some more time. Test them minutes before the specified time. If the tester comes out clear, then your muffins are well baked.
Give your muffins a couple of minutes to cool off, and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Ingredients for the Best Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
Step by Step Instructions
First, preheat Oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. You can use a standard size muffin tin or a jumbo muffin tin.
Then, add 1 tablespoon of flour to the blueberries and set it aside.
Next, cream together eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until all combined.
Now add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix until all combined.
After that, add the blueberries and fold the mixture gently.
Then, spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling them all the way to the top. (You can fill up to 12 standard-size muffins or make 6-8 jumbo-size muffins.)
Streusel topping: in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and oil. Mix until the mixture has a sandy texture.
Then, sprinkle the muffins with the streusel topping.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes. Keep the muffins in the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for additional 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Broil on high until golden.
Finally, cool muffins for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Other Desserts You Will Enjoy:
- Easy Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Basbousa with Cream (Hareesa Recipe)
- Lemon Cookies Using Cake Mix
- Moist Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
- Yummy Crunchy Kunafa Rolls
- Perfect Red Velvet Cookies Using Cake Mix
- Fresh Apple Bundt Cake with Cake Mix
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe From Scratch
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake With Pudding
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Jumbo Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla etract
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. You can use a standard size muffin tin or a jumbo muffin tin.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to the blueberries and set it aside.
- Cream together eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until all combined.
- Now add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix until all combined.
- Add the blueberries and fold the mixture gently.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling them all the way to the top. (You can fill up to 12 standard-size muffins or make 6-8 jumbo-size muffins.)
- Streusel topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and oil. Mix until the mixture has a sandy texture.
- Sprinkle the muffins with the streusel topping.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes. Keep the muffins in the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for additional 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Broil on high until golden.
- Cool muffins for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate only.