Craving a healthy, tasty, and easy to make appetizer? You're on the right page: Introducing to you the most popular American Chinese restaurant appetizer: Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons!
This delicious appetizer is perfect for family gatherings, parties, or dinners. Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons are crunchy on the outside with a soft creamy filling on the inside! They're healthy, flavorful, and easy to prepare! Definitely a must-try recipe for everyone.
Mouthwatering Air Fryer Crab Rangoons!
What Exactly Is Crab Rangoon?
Is Crab Rangoon the same as wontons? Not really. Wontons are traditional Chinese dumplings, filled with a variety of meat and vegetables, deep-fried, steamed, or served in soup.
On the other hand, Crab Rangoon is very popular in American Chinese restaurants! It is a crunchy, typically deep-fried wonton snack with a crab meat and cream cheese filling. It is extremely delicious! Usually it’s served with a tasty sweet-and-sour dipping sauce and makes for an unforgettable appetizer.
Why You'll Love These Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons?
Cooking the famous American-Chinese restaurant appetizer at your home just got easier thanks to the air fryer machine!
Air fryer combines the simplicity and cleanliness of baking (no spattering oil to deal with) and the mouthwatering flavor of deep-frying for irresistibly crunchy results.
This appetizer has only delicious, simple, and affordable ingredients for everyone.
Crispy air fryer crab Rangoon is quick to prepare and easy to make in under 30 minutes!
It can be easily cooked, even by beginners! Just follow the easy steps in this recipe.
This appetizer has an incredible flavor and texture: looks a little fancy with barely any effort to make. It is crispy, golden, and creamy bite-sized deliciousness.
Dip and Enjoy these Crispy Crab Rangoons!
Top Tips For The Best Air Fryer Crab Rangoon:
The process is quite simple, and the result is satisfyingly crispy! Remember that you can only cook around 7-10 crab rangoons in the air fryer at one time. It’s best to prepare and cook the rangoons in multiple batches.
I love the air fryer for this recipe. The wontons get very crispy on top and even a bit crispy on the bottom. Just remember to spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick spray to avoid any sticking issues.
Don't have an air fryer? No worries! Just use a regular deep fryer or a sturdy deep pot. Heat your oil to 350°F, and fry rangoons for three to four minutes. Take rangoons out after they turn golden brown.
Want to bake them? Sure! Put all of your crab rangoons on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
Avoid overfilling the wonton wrappers and follow the right measurements. Overfilled wontons may explode in the air fryer. Don't forget to press the edges to seal using water.
What a Flavorful Appetizer!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Let them cool briefly for 2 minutes and serve with the dipping sauce.
Reheating them in the air fryer does the trick. After being sealed away and stored, they will soften a bit. You can reheat them in the air fryer, maybe add a spritz of oil if necessary.
You can store any leftover crab rangoons in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Crab rangoons are best served warm and crispy! For the leftovers, you can reheat them in the air fryer or oven. Simply preheat to 350°F and pop them in for 3-5 minutes.
You can store the leftover cooked air fryer crab rangoons in freezer bags or a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can definitely prepare everything a day in advance if you have a gathering or dinner party. Air fry your rangoons and serve them fresh on table.
Fresh And Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
Simple Ingredients for Your Crab Rangoons:
All of the items are affordable and easy to find!
- Imitation crab
- Cream cheese
- Green onion
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic cloves
- Wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
Crunchy And Delicious Crab Rangoons
Easiest Instructions For The Best Air Fryer Crab Rangoons:
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
In a bowl, combine imitation crab meat, cream cheese, green onion, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Stir to mix well.
Lay out one wonton wrap on a flat surface. Moisten each side of the wrapper with water.
Fill about one teaspoon of the filling onto the center of wonton wrap (don't overfill).
To fold, bring opposite corners together to the middle of the wonton and pinch them close, pinch the top where the filling is. Repeat for the other two corners. Press the edges to seal well.
Spray air fryer basket with your cooking spray. Place crab rangoons in the air fryer basket and spray them a bit with cooking oil.
Air fry on 380 degrees F for 8 minutes, flip the crab rangoons, and cook for additional 2-4 minutes.
Remove crab rangoons from the air fryer and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Garnish crab rangoons with chopped green onion for a beautiful serving.
Enjoy the best appetizer ever! Crunchiness and creaminess all in one bite.
A Moment Of Real Deliciousness!
Check Out These Delicious Air Fryer Recipes:
- 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- 40 Easy Air fryer Recipes for Beginners
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan
- Easy 60 Minutes Crispy Air Fryer Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
- Totino's Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops in 13 Minutes
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- 4-6 ounces imitation crab (you can also use canned crab meat)
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese (you can soften it in the microwave by heating it for 10-15 seconds)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 20 wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- Preheat the Air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, cream cheese, green onion, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Lay out one wonton wrap on a flat surface. Moisten each side of the wrapper with water.
- Fill about one teaspoon of the filling onto the Center of wonton wrap. ( don't overfill)
- To fold, bring opposite corners together to the middle of the wonton and pinch them close, pinch the top where the filling is. Repeat for the other two corners. Press the edges to seal.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place crab rangoon in the air fryer basket and spray them with cooking oil.
- Air fry on 380 degrees F for 8 minutes, flip the crab rangoons, and cook for additional 2-4 minutes.
- Remove crab rangoons from the air fryer and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply