Short on time? No problem! Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On is an incredibly easy recipe to make with a few ingredients that come together in less than 10 minutes and will satisfy the whole family during weeknight dinners!
Bliss on a Plate!
One of my new favorite ways to make best Mashed Potatoes is using the Instant Pot. Imagine making a batch of these creamy texture Mashed Potatoes in under 10 minutes of your time.
This is an easy everyday Skin on Mashed Potato Recipe using the Instant Pot. This recipe uses ½ cup of water; however, you can substitute it with milk, chicken broth, or vegetable broth.
Electric Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes without Steamer Basket
Cooking on steam is a perfect way to cook with a lower water content. That’s why in this recipe potatoes get a light and fluffy results!
I used a steamer basket inside the instant pot however, that’s totally optional. Just place the washed and cut potatoes inside the instant pot’s inner pot. After that, add salt and water or broth, and close the lid.
Yummy Creamy Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes!
If you do not have an Instant Pot, then do not worry! You can make Skin on Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes by using your stovetop. Follow these simple boiling potatoes instructions to get the best results!
Put the cut potatoes in an 8-quart pot and add enough cups of water to cover. Boil on high heat and then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until fork-tender potatoes, about 20-25 minutes.
Drain water; then add the needed amount of butter, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, sea salt (if needed), and milk. Mash them with a potato hand masher. Taste mashed potatoes and add more seasonings, as needed.
Best Ways to Serve Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On
The best thing is that Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On the delicious hearty side dish that goes with many meals during special occasions such as holiday dinners or Thanksgiving dinners.
You can serve this perfect side dish with any main dish you love as chicken, sausages, steak, or even with gravy.
Some of the good options you will love with this Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On are Coke Can Chicken Recipe| Oven Roasted Chicken, 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon, etc. One of my favorite dishes to serve with is Quick and Easy Vegetable Broth Gravy.
Made with Love!
Tips and Tricks
Cut potatoes into equal size: Try to cut potato skins on into equal size cube. In this easiest way, you guarantee that your potatoes cook evenly.
Use room temperature ingredients: Pay attention that you are adding butter and cream cheese at room temperature. It will help the mixing process be easy.
Cream: If you don’t like cream cheese, then you can use sour cream. It makes a great substitute!
Add Extra Flavors: Before serving Skin on Mashed Potatoes dish, try to add fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, mint, or basil. This will add a variety of flavors to mashed potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this recipe, I use Yukon Gold Potatoes for mashing. You can also use other types of potatoes like russet potatoes, or red potatoes.
Yes, for sure! It is completely up to you.
Yes, you can. All you have to do is to store Mashed Potatoes leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
You can warm Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On in the microwave. If you prefer reheating them in the instant pot, add a splash of milk and turn the warm mode on until they are warm.
Absolutely! You can use either heavy cream or regular milk instead of whole milk.
Absolutely! To make Skin on Mashed Potatoes vegan, use vegan butter, plain plant-based milk, vegan cream cheese, and vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Skin on Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
It is a quick fairly simple instant pot recipe to follow!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
Total Time: 13 Minutes
Serving: 6 People
Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes Skin On is a quick and easy recipe. To make this side dish, you will need the following few simple ingredients:
- Yukon gold potatoes
- hot water (you can use chicken broth or vegetable broth)
- cream cheese
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- whole milk
- parmesan cheese
Check the recipe card for quantities.
Steps to Make Skin On Mashed Potatoes in the Instant Pot
Making these Creamy Skin On Mashed Potatoes is easier than you think. You will start out with the number of potatoes you want to use. I made a small batch, through using 5-6 medium-size Yukon Potatoes.
1. Rinse, and scrub potatoes under cold water until they are clean. Cut them into small cubes. (I let the skin on the potatoes, but it is completely up to you).
2. Place potatoes inside the inner pot of the instant pot (I used a basket inside the instant pot, but it is completely optional).
3. Add salt and water. Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to seal.
4. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes of cook time.
5. Once the cooking process is complete, quick release by turning pressure valve to vent. Carefully open the lid.
6. Drain the excess water from cooked potatoes (if you used a steamer basket).
7. Add cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt (if needed), milk, and parmesan cheese.
8. Mash them with a potato masher until smooth.
9. Taste Mashed Potatoes and add more seasonings, as needed. Serve topped with more butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Savor the Flavor!
This Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe is a fairly simple and delicious recipe made by using mashed potatoes. Try this at home and don’t forget to send me the photos of your side dishes later! I'll be waiting for the pictures!
Some Delicious Simple Recipes You May Want to Try
- Skin on Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Quick Steak and Cheese Pita Recipe
- Dawood Basha (Baked Kafta and Potatoes)
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan
- Totino's Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- Creamy Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup
- Mint Lentil Soup Recipe| A Step by Step Guide
- 40 Easy Air fryer Recipes for Beginners
- Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Skin on Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- 5-6 yukon gold potatoes rinse and scrub them under cool water with a vegetable brush
- ½ cup hot water you can use chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Scrub and rinse potatoes, cut the potatoes into small cubes (I let the skin on the potatoes, but it is completely up to you).
- Add potatoes inside the bottom of the instant pot (I used a basket inside the instant pot, but it is completely optional).
- Add water and salt, place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes (turn the keep warm off).
- Quick-release right away (turn the valve to vent).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the instant pot ( if you did not use a basket inside the instant pot, leave the liquid inside the instant pot)
- Add cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt (if needed), milk, and parmesan cheese and mash until smooth.
- Serve topped with more butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese.