As much as I enjoy getting creative when making food, I like to share my amazing recipes with you! Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer is my best recipe to make when my family craves salmon, I have no time, and I want to offer a healthy protein packed meal!
This Salmon Teriyaki Recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner that only takes 10 minutes to cook. These salmon filets are marinated in a tangy and flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce, which leaves the fish with a crusty, caramelized coating!
Serve the air fryer teriyaki salmon over brown rice or white rice with steamed vegetables for a healthy main dish that everyone will enjoy!
Good Food, Good Mood!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
So juicy and tender: When you cook salmon fillets in the air fryer, you will get so juicy and tender air fried teriyaki salmon.
Easy to make: It requires an easy technique by only using an air fryer. It’s your right choice for an easy weeknight meal.
Ready in 10 minutes: Salmon fish cooks only for 10 minutes. It’s perfect for a quick delicious dinner!
Nutritious: Salmon is a high-protein meal and contains a high quantity of omega-3 fatty acids.
So Juicy and Tender Teriyaki Salmon!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
Having perfectly seasoned juicy and tender meat, you can serve this utterly delicious and mouthwatering Teriyaki Salmon on a bed of rice. You can also enjoy it with any of these delicious side dishes:
Easy Refreshing Pomegranate Salad is the perfect side dish for everyone to enjoy with air fried Teriyaki Salmon Bites.
When you taste Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki with Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer, then you won't be able to stop! They are so crispy, juicy, and spicy, that your whole family will adore this combination!
Another easy awesome side dish is Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan. This air fried green veggie is a tender, crispy, and delicious side dish that you can add to your menu with easy air fryer dinner ideas.
Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan is a savory mixture of Fresh Broccoli, spices, and Parmesan Cheese. Pair it with cooked salmon, and you will not regret!
Give This Air Fryer Salmon Recipe a-Go!
Tips and Tricks
- Buy salmon fillets that have a similar thickness, that’s how the cooking time will be similar!
- Don't leave raw salmon at room temperature out of the refrigerator for extended periods.
- Don’t marinate the salmon too long since the meat will turn mushy. Make sure to marinate the salmon skin side up for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of parchment paper in the air fryer basket to prevent the salmon from sticking or spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Parchment paper also ensures an easy clean up process.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket with the salmon fillets, so that the air can pass around them, and you get the best cooking result.
- Make sure to place salmon fillets with skin side down to the air fryer basket. That’s how you will get yummy crispy skin air-fried salmon!
- Cook the salmon fillets for no more than 9-10 minutes to prevent them from drying out.
- Feel free to add other flavors to the sauce such as black pepper or sesame oil.
Save and Share this Yummy Recipe with Your Loved Ones!
Frequently Asked Questions
To store air fried teriyaki salmon leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also freeze air fried salmon leftovers in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag for 1-2 months.
To reheat salmon with teriyaki sauce, pop them back into the air fryer for about 5 minutes until warmed through. You can also warm salmon leftovers in the microwave for 1 minute or in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 7-10 minutes.
Cooking time depends on the size of the salmon. Salmon fillets with skin side down to the bottom of an air fryer basket take about 9-10 minutes, while salmon bites take about 4-5 minutes.
Cook until the internal temperature reaches 130-140 degrees F at the thickest part. The best way is to use a Meat Thermometer to measure the inside temperature. Otherwise, you can know that the salmon fillets are fully cooked when they flake easily with a fork.
For sure! You can use bottled teriyaki sauce instead of homemade teriyaki sauce. This is the easiest way to reduce cooking time.
Yes, frozen salmon fillets can be used in this recipe, but defrost them first to get best result.
If you don’t have an air fryer, then cook Teriyaki Salmon Fillets in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Follow the same instructions you proceed when you make this recipe in the air fryer.
Cooked to Perfection!
Easy Teriyaki Salmon Ingredients
To make this easy Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon recipe, you will need:
Salmon fillets: In this recipe, the main ingredient is obviously salmon fillets. If you use frozen salmon fillets, then defrost them first to get the best result.
Soy sauce: The other essential ingredient is soy sauce. I used low sodium soy sauce in order to reduce the salt intake.
Brown sugar: You need to add brown sugar when making teriyaki sauce.
Corn starch: To make the teriyaki sauce, you will also need to add corn starch.
Rice vinegar: Add rice vinegar to make teriyaki sauce to marinate salmon fillets.
Garlic: Minced garlic provides an authentic flavor to the teriyaki sauce.
Fresh ginger: Fresh minced ginger is also a prominent ingredient to add a zesty flavor to the delicious homemade teriyaki sauce.
Sesame seeds: Garnish your air fried teriyaki salmon with sesame seeds before serving. It’s an optional ingredient! If you don’t like sesame seeds, then don’t add them.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer Recipe
How to Make Quick Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
First, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and minced ginger in a small bowl.
Then, whisk well to combine all ingredients.
How to Make Teriyaki Salmon in an Air Fryer
The first step is to pat dry salmon fillet with paper towels. You can also cut salmon fillets into 2-inch bite-size pieces, it is a perfect size for this recipe.
Then, pour ¼ cup of the teriyaki sauce into a shallow dish and marinate the salmon skin side up for 15-20 minutes.
How to Air Fry Salmon Teriyaki
Next, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add salmon fillets with skin side down in a single layer to the air fryer basket and air fry for 9-10 minutes. Air fry salmon bites for 4-5 minutes.
While the salmon fillets are in the air fryer, add the rest of the sauce to a small saucepan and heat it on medium heat. Now, continue to heat until the sauce is hot and thickened.
After that, brush air-fried salmon with thickened teriyaki glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Finally, serve this yummy flaky salmon with a side of rice or salad, and enjoy!
Enjoy the Flavor!
Check Out These Tasty Recipes
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs- So Crispy
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops in 13 Minutes
- Easy 60 Minutes Crispy Air Fryer Rotisserie Style Chicken
- 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Totino's Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer
- Low Carb Cheesy Alfredo Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fried Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer
- 2 salmon fillets
- ½ cup soy sauce I used low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
How to Make Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and minced ginger in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine all ingredients.
How to Air Fry Salmon Teriyaki
- Pat dry salmon fillet. You can also cut salmon fillets into 2-inch bite-size pieces.
- Pour ¼ cup of the teriyaki sauce and marinate the salmon skin side up for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add salmon fillets with skin side down to the air fryer basket and air fry for 9-10 minutes. Air fry salmon bites for 4-5 minutes.
- While the salmon fillets are in the air fryer, add the rest of the sauce to a small saucepan and heat it on medium heat. Continue to heat until the sauce is hot and thickened.
- Brush air-fried salmon with thickened teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve it with a side of rice or salad.