Chewy, Gooey, and Crunchy Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why You Will Love this Recipe
Sweet, Salty, and Completely Chocolatey!
The Best Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Cookie Recipe Ingredients
Chocolate Chips: I use milk chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips. It doesn't matter what type of chocolate you use, as long as you use 2 cups.
A Little Sweet and a Bit Salty
How to Brown Butter
If you've never baked with brown butter and are curious about it, you're in for a treat. Browned butter has a wonderful nutty aroma that enhances the flavor of any baked good. Here's how it's done!
First, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Browning butter is a simple way to add a real depth of flavor with very little effort. The fat solids in the butter turn a deep amber color, enhancing the butter's richness and nuttiness.
I like to use a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips. You can use whatever kind you like.
It's pretty simple. Use a cookie scoop. This ensures that all of your cookies are the same size and bake evenly! Furthermore, using a cookie scoop is a more convenient way to portion out the dough.
Sure! The cookies can be made 5 to 7 days ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container in a cool and dry place until ready to enjoy.
The flaky sea salt is the best option. These are large, crunchy flakes that are typically sprinkled on top of baked goods such as brownies or chocolate chip cookies. It should not be mixed into doughs or batters because the large flakes will not dissolve or disperse evenly.
These Cookies are Impossible to Resist
Tips for Perfect Brown Butter Cookies
- Make sure to remove your eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature. If your eggs are too cold, they will shock the warm butter, hardening it and making your cookies very puffy.
- Go for unsalted butter since you are going to sprinkle some salt flakes on top.
- Chilling the dough allows it to develop a deep caramel flavor while also providing crispy edges, chewy insides, and crackly tops.
- Don't overmix the ingredients so that your cookies don't become very puffy.
Steps to Prep
Other Desserts You Will Enjoy:
- Lemon Cookies Using Cake Mix
- Basbousa With Cream (Hareesa Recipe)
- Perfect Red Velvet Cookies Using Cake Mix
- Moist Chocolate Cake With Whipped Cream Frosting
- Easy No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake
- The Philadelphia Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe From Scratch
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake With Pudding
- No-Bake Nescafe Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Cake Mix and Pudding
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter ( place the butter in a saucepan on medium heat until it turns brown)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate
- flaky salt optional/ to sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking.
- First, over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a medium saucepan (a light-colored pan works best so you can see the color of the butter changing).
- Next, melt the butter and cook, swirling occasionally, until it turns a lemony-yellow color, then golden, and finally amber. Remove it from the heat as soon as it turns amber and you see little flecks of brown on the bottom of the pan. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl using a spatula for about 3 minutes.
- Then, add the vanilla and eggs and mix until well combined, about 1 minute. After that, add the flour and baking soda until they're fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and the white chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
- Scoop dough into 1" balls (1.5-2 tablespoons) and space 2 inches apart. Sprinkle some flaky salt on top.
- Finally, bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool down in the baking tray for 10 minutes before serving them.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Hi...not sure if I'm missing something but there is no flour in your list of ingredients and amounts but it says to add it with the soda.
I am so sorry, for some reason it wasn't added to the recipe card. it's fixed now.