If you like sesame seeds, then this recipe is for you! Baksam is an insanely delicious sesame cookies biscotti with a Middle Eastern flavor. These Middle Eastern biscuits are light, so crisp, not overly sweet, and easy to make! They make a perfect yummy snack.
Each bite of these Sesame Cookies Biscotti will take you on a trip to heaven! Enjoy making this Middle Eastern Cookies Recipe easily and serve it to your family and friends.
Magic Seasame Cookies You Will Love!
What is Baksam?
I really love homemade cookies especially making these ones. You will need the following ingredients for this Arabic Baksam Recipe:
White granulated sugar: For this recipe, add white granulated sugar to Baksam dough.
Oil: You can use any light oil. I prefer to use light olive oil or corn oil in this recipe.
What's Not To Like?
Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe is so versatile! Every country has its own version of this yummy cookies recipe. For example, you have Syrian, Turkish, Italian, and many other versions.
Share This Recipe With Your Loved Ones!
Tips and Tricks
- You can make other shapes than the circle if you wish! If your kids are helping you in making this recipe, they can create their own preferred shapes: oval, rectangular, stars, etc. This will be an amazing creative kitchen activity!
Baked To Perfection!
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the Baskam Cookies leftovers in an airtight container to maintain their crispy texture and place them in a cool place. They will last for up to 2 weeks.
It depends in your personal preference and what you have on hand. Toasted sesame enhance the flavor in this kind of Middle Eastern Cookies Recipes. However, you can choose not to roast sesame seeds since they will get a chance to toast while the cookies are baking.
- cardamom powder
- vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- white granulated sugar
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- sesame seeds
Steps to Make Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line three baking trays with parchment paper.
Then, combine flour and baking powder. While the mixer is still running, gradually add flour until a soft dough is formed.
Next, place them on the prepared baking tray and repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
Later on, bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
Finally, let them cool down in the baking tray for 10 minutes. Serve them with a cup of tea or milk.
Every Bite Is Pure Heaven!
Other Yummy Dessert You Will Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Baksam - Middle Eastern Sesame Seed Cookies
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line three baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add eggs, cardamom powder, vanilla bean paste, and sugar to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for 3 minutes until smooth and pale.
- Gradually add oil and keep mixing until all combined.
- Combine flour and baking powder. While the mixer is still running, gradually add flour until a soft dough is formed.
- Using a tablespoon or one-ounce scoop, scoop out one scoop and drop it in sesame seeds. Roll all sides in sesame seeds.
- Shape them into circles. Form a round ball and then flatten it with your hand.
- Place them on the prepared baking tray and repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
- Let them cool down in the baking tray for 10 minutes. Serve them with a cup of tea or milk.