If you’re on the look for the banana bread recipe with chocolate chips and walnuts. Then look no further. This banana bread is wonderfully moist, flavorful, loaded with ripe bananas, chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins. This banana bread is all you’ll ever need; This chocolate chip banana bread is a decadent dessert, and it also makes a perfect on the go breakfast.
Banana bread recipe with walnuts and chocolate chips
This delicious banana bread with walnuts and raisins is decadent. You can use up to 4 large ripe bananas in the recipe. The amount of bananas is what gives this banana bread the high moisture content. Make sure bananas are at room temperature. Thaw frozen banana; If using frozen bananas. You can thaw bananas in the fridge overnight or leave them out for about 30 minutes to let them come to room temperature.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread healthy?
This banana bread is healthy because it uses coconut oil instead of butter. The white sugar is replaced with brown sugar. You can use coconut sugar; coconut sugar is low glycemic. You can use any sugar-free substitute for instant (stevia, monk fruit sweeteners, agave, or honey). I used all-purpose white flour in this recipe. However, whole wheat flour works wonders. You can use dark chocolate chips or replace them with lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips.
The important ingredients in this recipe are ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are sweeter; the riper, the better. If your bananas are not ripe yet or soft, you can place them in the oven at ( 350 degrees F – 177 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until they are dark brown.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE: SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Ingredients for the Banana bread recipe with walnuts and chocolate chips:
- Ripe Banana ( you can use up to 4 large ripe bananas)
- Coconut Oil ( I highly recommend using organic unrefined coconut oil for this recipe. stay away from highly processed oils)
- Eggs ( you can replace the eggs with flax eggs)
- Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar ( you can substitute with another sugar of your choice as well; you can use any sugar-free substitute )
- Baking Soda ( Make sure you use Baking Soda, not Baking Powder).
- All-purpose flour( you can also use whole wheat flour)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips ( you can also use white chocolate chips for this recipe ).
- Chopped walnuts.
- Golden raisins.
How to make banana bread recipe with walnuts and chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to (350 Degrees F – 177 degrees C)
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, add about 1 tbsp. of dry ingredients to chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins and mix until all coated with flour.
- In a separate bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla and set it aside.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add yogurt or sour cream.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and then add mashed bananas.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins.
- Transfer to a prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let banana bread cool down for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Let baked banana bread cool completely; keep banana bread from drying out or going bad quickly, store it in a plastic wrap, an airtight container, or aluminum foil for about 1 week.
Banana bread can be stored in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months. Wrap banana bread tightly with plastic freezer wrap, aluminum foil, or use a heavy-duty freezer bag.
This Chocolate chip Banana bread will be your family’s favorite.
This chocolate chip banana bread is my family’s favorite; I guarantee your family and friends will love every bite of this banana bread. This moist, buttery, decadent chocolate chip banana bread is full of melty chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins. I am giving you heads-up that you will probably want to bake a loaf of this banana bread every week. Make sure you have bananas on hand at all times.
More dessert recipes you might like
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets,
don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Share it with me on Instagram.
Banana bread recipe with walnuts and chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Semi sweet chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or homemade yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to (350 degrees F – 177 degrees C)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add about 1 tbsp of dry ingredients to chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and raisins. Mix until they are coated with the flour. That way chocolate chips won't sink into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, cream together coconut oil and sugar, add two eggs, vanilla, and set it aside.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and then add yogurt or sour cream and mix until everything is combined.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is combined, and then add banana mixture, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and raisins
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the loaf, comes out clean.
- Let banana bread cool down for 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.