There are certain foods that disappear fast once they've been put out at a party. These Air fryer Jalapeno Poppers are forever a favorite. As soon as they are served, they will fly off your table.
Air-fried jalapeno Poppers are the ultimate appetizer. The delicious combination of spicy, roasted peppers, rich cream cheese, and minced garlic hits all the right spots every time. Sprinkle the stuffed jalapeños with crisp panko bread crumbs before air-frying to complement the crisp-tender chiles and the molten-cheese filling.
Crispy, Creamy, Spicy, & Cheesy
Wondering what to make with your air-fryer? Whether you've just bought your first air fryer and can't wait to try air fryer recipes, or you've had your air fryer for years but want to try something new with it, you've come to the right place.
You have a variety of options to try including roasted vegetables, air fried meat such as chicken and lamb chops, air fried seafood such as salmon, and air fryer snacks such as Hasselback potatoes. All these recipes are quick and simple to prepare, making them ideal for busy weeknights. Check my 40 Easy Air fryer Recipes for Beginners for more air-fryer ideas!
Today's Air-fried Jalapeno Poppers recipe makes the perfect bite; crispy, creamy, spicy, cheesy… and quite honestly the best appetizer ever! It is also easy to make, and is perfect for game day!
Why You Will Love these Jalapeno Poppers
There are certain occasions that call for excellent finger foods, whether it's a viewing party, game day, or simply a late night craving. These Jalapeno Poppers are everyone's favorite.
With every bite, you'll start off with cool, creamy stuffing, followed by a soft crunch and a bit of spice to wake you up!
These jalapeño poppers are also air fried, not deep fried, which makes them a healthier option.
You Won't Be Able to Stop At One!
This Is All What You'll Need
The jalapeno itself, a creamy filling, and breading are the three essential ingredients in Jalapeno Poppers.
Jalapenos: Of course! We use fresh jalapenos, cut their tip, and remove the seeds. You can use baby bell peppers instead of red peppers if you have someone who cannot tolerate any spice. Try both!
Cream cheese: Cream cheese serves as the foundation for the cheesy filling. I also add some minced garlic cloves, some fresh parsley, and green onions. You can also add crisp cooked bacon, cilantro, or your favorite ingredients!
Crispy Breading: For the perfect crunch, I make a simple Panko topping to sprinkle on top! Simply leave out the bread crumbs if you want to make keto Jalapeno Poppers for your low carb friends!
Excellent Finger Foods
What Goes Well with Jalapeno Poppers?
These air-fried jalapeno poppers are delicious on their own and can be eaten right away, but you can try adding a dip to take them to the next level and change things up!
Dip them in a classic ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or a cilantro lime creamy dressing if you like to dip. These dressings will cool things down and help with the spice level!
Simple and Craveable!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Remove all of the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno poppers for the mildest flavor.
Put the peppers in a paper bag after you've purchased or picked them. Then, place the paper bag in your refrigerator's crisper. The jalapenos will keep for up to a week. When the jalapenos become soft, wrinkled, or moldy, discard them.
Cooking peppers makes dishes hotter because the peppers break down and release more capsaicin into the dish as they cook. The spiciness is then distributed throughout the dish, creating the impression of a spicier meal overall.
Yes! Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture and store them in an airtight container. Make an effort not to stack them. You can put yourself in a deep freeze for up to a month. They do not need to be thawed before air-frying/ baking.
You’ll Be Looking for Any Excuse to Make Them
Notes and Tips for Jalapeno Poppers
- The best way to cut jalapeno poppers is to cut the tip of the jalapenos and remove the seeds. This way, you'll have a stronger pepper shape to stuff. After stuffing, you can cut them into 1-2 inch slices.
- It's better to wear gloves when cutting the jalapenos. This will protect your hands from burning your skin.
- You can stuff and wrap jalapeño poppers up to 1 day in advance. Refrigerate them, well-covered, until ready to bake.
- You can make Jalapeno Poppers a couple of days in advance. You can also freeze them.
- Control the spice level by taking out the rib inside the jalapeño and then removing all of the seeds.
- You can blend cheeses together and try different types of cheese.
Your New Obsession
Air fryer Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients
- Medium jalapenos
- cream cheese /softened
- fresh parsley /finely chopped
- green onion /finely chopped
- garlic /minced
- panko bread crumbs
- Vegeta seasoning ( or salt, garlic powder, and onion powder)
Steps to Prep
First, preheat the Air fry to 400 degrees F.
Next, cut the tip of the jalapenos, and remove the seeds.
Then, combine cream cheese, parsley, green onions, and garlic, mix until well combined.
After that, fill the jalapenos up and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Cut the jalapenos into 1-2 inch slices.
Then, whisk one egg and mix bread crumbs with Vegeta seasoning.
Dip jalapeno slices in the egg wash, and then dip them in the bread crumbs.
Finally, place them in the air fryer basket. Spray them with cooking oil.
Air fry for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
CHECK OUT THESE AMAZING AIR FRYER RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan
- Easy 60 Minutes Crispy Air Fryer Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
- Totino's Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops in 13 Minutes
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- 40 Easy Air fryer Recipes for Beginners
Save, Pin, & Share!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 medium jalapenos
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegeta seasoning ( you can also use salt, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the Air fry to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tip of the jalapenos, and remove the seeds.
- Combine cream cheese, parsley, green onions, and garlic and mix until well combined.
- Fill the jalapenos up and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the jalapenos into 1-2 inch slices.
- Whisk one egg—Mix bread crumbs with Vegeta seasoning.
- Dip jalapeno slices in the egg wash, and then dip them in the bread crumbs.
- Place them in the air fryer basket. Spray them with cooking oil.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate only.