Are you hungry and short on time? Kafta Kabobs is a delicious Mediterranean recipe to make with a few ingredients that come together in 20 minutes and will satisfy the whole family!
Mediterranean Ground Beef Kabobs is one of the most popular Lebanese recipes. It’s made up with ground beef, onion, parsley and spices. The result is tender, juicy and delicious kabobs that will leave everyone wanting more!
Cooked To Perfection!
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
Let's see why I adore this recipe, and I’m sure that you will love it too!
So delicious: Kofta Kabobs are so juicy and full of Mediterranean flavor. I cannot describe the added grilling flavor too! Really it’s so yummy!
Ready in 20 minutes: Effortlessly easy to make, this recipe needs about 20 minutes of your time.
Healthy: it’s made with healthy ingredients: it’s simply made up with beef cubes or ground beef, fresh parsley, and spices.
Versatile: You can add the spices you love, such as: black pepper, white pepper, sumac, etc. You can also make it with only fresh parsley and onion. Choose your flavorings according to your own flavor preferences.
Low carb: Beef Mince Kafta Kabobs is a great choice for those who are on a low carb diet.
Don't Miss To Try My Recipe!
Best Ways to Serve Beef Kafta Kabob
You can serve this ultimate yummy Beef Kafta Kabobs dish with any of these amazing side dishes:
Salads: To get the unique rounded flavor of Kafta Kabobs, serve it with a light side salad such as Lebanese Tabbouleh, Fattoush salad, Quinoa salad, etc. For me, I love pairing these pieces of Ground Beef Kabobs with Easy Refreshing Pomegranate Salad.
Grilled veggies: Pair Beef Mince Kebabs with any type of grilled vegetables you like. For example, you can pair them with broccoli, colorful bell pepper, or corn. I suggest you to try it with Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan.
Rice: If you like rice combination, I suggest you serve Beef Kofta Kebab with hot fluffy white Lebanese Rice. You can pair it with 3 Ingredient Vermicelli Rice in Instant Pot.
Other options: If you are a Middle Eastern cuisine fan, then you can serve Beef Kabobs with different kinds of side dishes. You can pair them with Lebanese Hummus Mtabbal, yogurt sauce, garlic sauce, or tahini sauce, Skin on Instant Pot Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, etc.
Kafta Kabobs Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Beef cubes: Use 500 grams of high quality beef cubes. You can use ground beef in place of beef cubes.
Fresh parsley: It gives an authentic freshness flavor to your meat mixture. If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use curly parsley instead of.
Small onion: You will need one finely minced small onion. It’s one of the essential traditional ingredients in this recipe.
Garlic cloves: Add three finely minced garlic cloves to the mixture.
Spices: In this recipe, you will need black pepper and seven spices. They will add a delicious taste to your Beef Kofta Kebab. You can find seven spices in any Middle Eastern store.
Pepper paste: Adding pepper paste is optional, however it gives a kick to your kabobs.
Salt: According to taste.
Tips and Tricks
- The meat needs to be some fat in order to get moist and juicy Beef Kafta Kabob. Extra fat will cause falling apart when grilled beef mixture, and extra lean will give you dried Kafta Kabobs.
- If you don’t like beef meat, you can use ground lamb, ground turkey, or ground chicken instead of ground beef.
- Chill the beef mixture for one hour before grilling, this will help it to better keep its shape.
- Before forming Beef Kafta Kabobs, wet your hands with a bit of water or oil to avoid the meat mixture stick to your hands.
- Cook slowly on a medium heat! If you cook them too fast, then the Kabobs will burn on the outside and still be pink on the inside.
- Don’t overcook Kafta Kabobs! That’ how you get juicy yummy Beef Mince Kebabs!
- To cook Beef Kofta Kebab recipe, you can bake Kabobs in the oven, cook them in a skillet on the stove top, or grill them on skewers.
Share This Recipe With Your Loved Ones!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
They are the same thing in terms of ingredients. However, Kafta is a Lebanese word, while Kofta is used in other Middle Eastern countries.
Yes, for sure! Make the Kofta mix, shape the Kabobs, and put them in the refrigerator. When you want to serve them, cook the Kabobs them on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
To store Beef Kabobs leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
You can reheat them in the microwave or in the pan on the stovetop.
Yes, you can. Defrost Kafta Kabobs overnight in the refrigerator and heat them before serving.
- small onion
- fresh parsley
- garlic cloves
- beef cubes or ground beef 80/20
- black pepper
- seven spices
- pepper paste
First, in a food processor, chop the garlic, onion, and parsley.
Next, add beef cubes or ground beef and the spices to the processor. Now, run the processor until all is well combined.
Then, place the meat mixture in a large bowl. Take about ¼ cup of the meat mixture and shape it like a kabob. For best results, make sure that each Kafta kabob is about 1 inch in thickness. Repeat until you have run out of meat.
After that, add ½ cup oil to a pan, place Kofta in the pan, and cook them on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
Finally, serve them immediately with your favorite yogurt sauce, garlic sauce, or tahini sauce.
Do You Want a Bite? It's So Yummy!
Other Delicious Recipes You Must Try:
- Easy Refreshing Pomegranate Salad
- Slow Cooked Goat Shoulder
- Creamy Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup
- Cast Iron Baby Lamb Chops With Garlic
- Effortless Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Mint Lentil Soup Recipe| A Step by Step Guide
- Feta Pasta Recipe | TikTok Pasta
- Samosa from Scratch
- Mediterranean Potato Kubba - Potato Chap
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Beef Kafta Kabobs
- 1 small onion
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500 grams beef cubes or ground beef 80/20
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon seven spices
- 2 tablespoons pepper paste
- In a food processor, chop the garlic, onion, and parsley.
- Add beef cubes or ground beef and the spices to the processor. Run the processor until all is well combined.
- Place the meat mixture in a large bowl. Take about ¼ cup of the meat mixture and shape it like a kabob. For best results, make sure each kafta kabob is about 1 inch in thickness. Repeat until you have run out of meat.
- Add ½ cup oil to a pan, place kofta in the pan, cook them on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve them immediately with your favorite yogurt sauce, garlic sauce, or tahini sauce.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate only.