Craving a hearty, warm, and cozy bowl of soup with a rich flavor and bright color for dinner? Look no further! Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup is my new recipe that everyone will love!
Effortless easy to make, this low carb tomato soup recipe is quick, needs 35 minutes of your time, and requires a handful of ingredients.
Your Next Favorite Soup Recipe!
Serve This Special Soup Recipe With
This tomato soup with little parmesan cheese on the top is a perfect healthy bowl for cold winter nights.
Creamy tomato basil soup with parmesan pairs well with good grilled cheese sandwiches. For a nice crunch flavor, serve this hearty creamy soup with crispy garlicky croutons.
Another great way to serve instant pot tomato basil soup is to pair it with Crispy keto Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or Air Fryer Lamb Chops.
A Hearty Soup for You!
To make the Best Tomato Soup Recipe, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Light olive oil: You will need olive oil to sauté the other ingredients. Olive oil is used for a healthy soup version.
- Onion and garlic: I use yellow onion to make tomato basil soup recipe.
- Carrots: Use medium carrots, scrubbed and diced. You can peel carrots before dicing them.
- Roma tomatoes: I use diced Roma tomatoes to make this keto tomato basil soup.
- Tomato paste: This paste adds a bright color and a rich flavor to this soup.
- Basil and oregano: Fresh basil leaves are a key ingredient in this soup. However, my secret ingredient in this delicious tomato soup is oregano.
- Spices: You will need black pepper and salt to make the keto tomato basil soup.
- Heavy cream and parmesan cheese: They will add a hearty creamy cheesy texture to this tomato instant pot recipe.
- Vegetable broth: Use low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth to make this low carb tomato soup recipe.
Check the recipe card for quantities.
Creamy & Cheesy
First, set the instant pot to sauté mode. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and carrot. Sauté until onions are translucent and tender, about 4 minutes.
Then, stir in diced tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, oregano, black pepper, and tomato paste. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Now, put on the lid and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes. Turn warm mode off.
Once finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
After that, blend the soup in a blender/ food processor ,or an immersion blender until lump-free and creamy.
Next, turn the sauté mode on, and stir in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and vegetable stock. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes until warm. Add additional salt, oregano, or black pepper if needed.
Finally, serve it warm with a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
Easiest Instant Pot Tomato Soup!
Don’t have fresh ingredients on hand? Make this instant pot cream of tomato soup with these good substitutions:
- Use canned tomatoes like San Marzano Tomatoes in place of fresh tomatoes.
- Yellow onions can be substituted with red onions in this instant pot soup.
- You can use dried basil leaves instead of fresh basil leaves when making instant pot creamy tomato basil soup.
- Since Italian seasoning is based on oregano and basil, then the Italian seasoning is a good thing to use as well.
- Texture: For a non-diary tomato soup, use a can of full-fat coconut milk in place of heavy cream.
- Spicy: To add some extra heat to your Fresh Tomato Basil Soup, add red pepper flakes or chili flakes to the original recipe. A hearty hot soup with extra delicious flavors!
- Flavoring: If you are a fan of authentic traditional flavors, add a bay leaf when adding minced garlic and onions. For a nice smoky flavor, add red bell pepper with finely chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
Pin it for Later!
Use Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker to make this Keto Tomato Basil Soup.
- Store tomato basil soup leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- Creamy instant pot tomato soup freezes well in a freezer-safe container for 1 to 2 months. Simply let the rest of the soup cool to room temperature before freezing. Before reheating, defrost the soup overnight in the fridge.
- Reheat low-carb tomato soup in your instant pot. You can also rewarm it in a microwave on a low setting or the stove top in a non-stick pan over low heat.
- If the tomato soup is too thick, then add water, chicken stock, or vegetable stock and boil it for 2 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle ends, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Then, release the rest of the pressure manually and unlock the lid.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Certainly! All you have to do is to use vegetable broth and replace heavy cream with coconut cream and used vegan parmesan cheese.
Absolutely! Follow the same steps for the stovetop. So you have to cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes until the fresh tomatoes and other veggies are soft. After that blend them using a regular blender or an immersion blender.
Low Carb Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup With Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 carrots scrubbed and diced
- 6 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Set the instant pot to saute mode. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and carrot. Saute until onions are translucent and tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, oregano, black pepper, and tomato paste. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Put on the lid and set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Turn warm mode off.
- Once finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a blender/ food processor or an immersion blender until lump-free and creamy.
- Turn saute on and stir in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and vegetable stock. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes until warm. Add additional salt, oregano, or black pepper if needed.
- Serve it warm with a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.