Are you a fan of Juan Pollo's food? Today, I will share with you my Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe. The first time I made this tasty potato salad recipe, I got a lot of compliments from my loved ones.
A hit salad for people of all ages and tastes, it's a must-go side-dish for a family gathering or backyard barbecue. Make it, and don’t forget to let me know how many compliments you get.
Mouth-Watering Juan Pollo Salad
- What Is Juan Pollo Potatoes Salad?
- Is Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe A Healthy Dish?
- Why You'll Love this Salad
- Juan Pollo Potato Salad Ingredients
- Serving Suggestions
- Tips and Tricks
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Substitutions and Add-Ins
- Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
What Is Juan Pollo Potatoes Salad?
This ultimate potato salad is served in Juan Pollo restaurant in southern California.
Juan Pollo is a Mexican-style rotisserie chicken restaurant that has a great number of salad recipes. All Juan Pollo salad recipes are highly regarded since delicious dressings and varied flavor mixtures are used within the recipes.
Juan Pollo Potato Salad is creamy and tasty, made with potatoes, carrots, mayonnaise, and cream, with a total time of 40 minutes.
Is Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe A Healthy Dish?
A common question is whether the is Juan Pollo Potato Salad with Carrots healthy or not. Hence, you will be surprised about how much this salad has health benefits.
Some nutritional benefits of potato salads are vitamin B6 and vitamin C, which are beneficial for the immune system.
Potatoes also contain dietary fiber, which is good for the digestive system and helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
Why You'll Love this Salad
Many dressings go well with this delicious potato salad, whether they are homemade or commercial dressings. For a healthy meal, make your own dressing to ensure the quality of your salad.
Juan Pollo potato salad is also gluten-free. It will be a great choice for people on a gluten-free diet to enjoy a Mexican day dish.
And the best thing? It's hassle-free. You're not left with a mess in your kitchen!
Bursting with Flavor!
Juan Pollo Potato Salad Ingredients
To make Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe, you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Potatoes: The name of this delicious salad reflect the main ingredient which is potatoes. In my recipe, I use Russet potatoes.
- Carrots: The other key ingredient is carrots. Carrot will add nice slight orange color to the salad when mixing all ingredients together.
- White onions: You will need finely chopped onions to make this homemade potato salad. I like to use white onions; you can also use yellow onions instead.
- Heavy cream: For a savory tang, heavy cream is an excellent choice.
- Mayo: It has a sour taste with a creamy texture that will enrich potato salad.
- Fresh parsley: You will need also finely chopped parsley for a fresh dressing taste.
- Salt: Sprinkle salt according to taste.
- Spices: For a unique kick of flavor, add the following spices: black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Check the recipe card for quantities.
It’s Really Simple to Make!
This mouth-watering potato recipe is easier than you think! All you have to do is to follow the simple instructions and I guarantee that you will get a yummy restaurant copycat potato salad recipe.
First, in a large pot, boil water on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Next, add to the boiled salted water peeled carrots and potatoes, and boil until they are fork tender.
Then, drain the water, and let the potatoes and carrots cool down for 15 minutes, then cut the potatoes into cubes and cube or grate the carrots.
As for the salad dressing, in a large bowl, combine mayo, heavy cream, salt, chopped onion, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper, and mix until everything is incorporated.
After that, pour the mayo mixture over the chopped boiled potatoes and finely chopped carrots. Mix until everything is combined.
Finally, enjoy it cold.
A Refreshing Salad
Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad is a tasty side dish that pairs well with many main dishes. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a snack to enjoy a delicious meal!
Juan Pollo salad recipes are my favorite side dishes when it comes to crispy fried chicken.
If you are looking for an original Mexican way to serve this special potato salad, pair this potato salad with Juan Pollo chicken copycat recipe and enjoy the mouth-watering taste of Juan Pollo dinner.
For best tasting chicken meal, Homemade Juan Pollo Potato Salad will be the perfect side dish. Try this delicious salad with Crispy Air Fryer Rotisserie Style Chicken, Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs, etc.
You can also enjoy this potato salad recipe with Beef Kafta kabobs, Easy Air Fryer Lamb Chops in 13 Minutes, Slow Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb, etc.
Fish dishes also pair well with Juan Pollo potato salad. Try this salad with any of the following tasty fish recipes, like Pan Fried Lemon Butter Tilapia, Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets, Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer, etc.
Sprinkle fresh herbs on top of this yummy ideal dish before serving. Fresh parsley, celery, or rosemary will add a delectable flavor to this dish.
Incredible Creamy Goodness
Tips and Tricks
- Try to cut potatoes and carrots into equal-sized cubes to guarantee that your favorite vegetables for potato salad cook evenly.
- Cooking time also depends on the size of the vegetable cubes.
- To save time, you can prepare spices for the mayonnaise-based mixture in a small bowl ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can use either Russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes.
Yes, you can make Juan Pollo potato salad a day before and keep it in the refrigerator. It tastes better when refrigerated for a day or two.
Calories in Juan Pollo salad recipes depend on the ingredients you use. Potatoes are low in calories. However, adding mayo increases the number of calories. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise if you are on a low-calorie diet.
No. This salad is not keto friendly. If you wanna make it keto, you can use cauliflower instead of potatoes.
Substitutions and Add-Ins
- Cream: If you don’t have heavy cream on hand, substitute it with sour cream and vinegar or lemon juice.
- Mayonnaise: Don’t love commercial mayonnaise? Make homemade mayonnaise with an extra amazing flavor by whisking egg yolks together with olive oil or vegetable oil and an acid, such as vinegar or lemon juice.
- Olives: You can add chopped black olives on the top or in the dressing. Black olives will bring a delicious flavor to this Juan Pollo Salad.
- Green onions: They will be a great addition sprinkled on the top of Juan Pollo salad dish before serving it.
Pin It For Later!
- Refrigerator: Be careful not to leave mayo potato salad with carrots at room temperature for a long time! A great way to store Juan Pollo salad is to seal leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: If you have leftover potatoes, pop boiled potatoes in freezer bags. They freeze well for about 3 months. You can freeze Juan Pollo potato salad for up to three months. Thaw potato salad in the fridge overnight.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 medium russet potatoes or Yukon gold
- 2 small carrots
- ½ cup onion white or yellow, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a large pot, add water and peeled carrots and potatoes. Boil on medium heat until they are fork tender.
- Let the potatoes and carrots cool down for 15 minutes, and then cut the potatoes into cubes and grate the carrots.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, heavy cream, vinegar, salt, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper, and mix until everything is incorporated
- Pour the mayo mixture over the boiled potatoes and carrot. Mix until everything is combined
- Enjoy it cold.
Leave a Reply