Are you a fan of Italian cuisine? If yes, you definitely have to try Olive Garden Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo with Grilled Chicken. It is a combination of pasta and cheesy goodness that will make everyone ask for more.
Made with an ultra-velvety cream sauce, succulent chicken tenderloins, and cheesy tortellini, this Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo is beyond decadent. It’s an excellent choice when you host your cousins, friends, or colleagues for dinner. Let’s give this pasta dish a-go!
Best Ever Pasta Dish!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Olive Garden Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo with Grilled Chicken is a unique Italian pasta dish! Believe me, if you try this recipe, then you will be addicted to this tasty Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo Pasta. Let's see why?
Delicious: This recipe has a so creamy saucy flavor with charm tender pasta and juicy grilled chicken. You won't be able to resist it once you taste it.
Easy: Making this recipe is easier than you think. You can also make the prep parts in advance and then assemble the baking dish on busy nights.
Fast: This recipe needs about 45 minutes of your time only.
Kid friendly: Kids love pasta dishes, especially cheesy ones.
You will love this paste recipe too! Don’t forget to thank me later!
If you ask me about the best part, I'll tell you, it will be when you devour your dish within minutes! This tasty Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo Olive Garden goes well with a variety of side dishes, salads, and breads.
Salads: To feel the ultimate flavor of this pasta, serve it with a light side salad. Caprese salad, which is an Italian salad, made of sweet basil, tomatoes, and sliced fresh mozzarella, seasoned with salt, and olive oil, is a great side dish.
Bread: Garlic Bread or Focaccia Bread can be served beautifully with this pasta dish, too!
Creamy, Rich, and Savory!
Tips and Tricks
- To guarantee that you will get the perfect tender and juicy grilled chicken tenderloins, let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Medium heat is better to make Asiago Garlic Alfredo Sauce to avoid separation and scalding.
- To make this pasta dish extra creamy and saucy, double the Alfredo Sauce ingredients.
- If you don’t have Asiago cheese, simply double up the parmesan cheese instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
They have similar shapes but Tortelloni is larger than Tortellini. While Tortellini usually features a meat filling, Tortelloni is regularly filled with a combination of vegetarian ingredients.
Yes, you can! Make the alfredo sauce and chicken in advance and store them in the fridge. Cook tortellini pasta on the day you want to serve this dish. Then assemble the baking dish by combining alfredo sauce with the tortellini and chicken tenderloins on the top. Now, sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese. Broil and serve.
You can store Asiago Tortelloni Olive Garden leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To reheat this Asiago Tortellini pasta dish, add a little cream to the cold leftovers. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven. In the microwave, reheating time should be for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat. If using the oven, preheat it to 350°F, cover with aluminum foil, and reheat for about 15 minutes.
No, I don’t recommend freezing Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo since cream-based sauces don’t freeze well.
Share This Recipe With Your Loved Ones!
This yummy recipe is so versatile! You can make many substitutions in the ingredients according to your preference.
In this recipe, you can also use Tortelloni pasta, Ravioli pasta, or Penne pasta in place of Tortellini pasta.
You can easily substitute chicken tenderloins by any of these other proteins: rotisserie chicken, pot roast, leftover steak, or salmon.
This dish is also good with other cheeses like Romano, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack.
A Much-Loved Dish!
Pasta: In this recipe, use refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini.
Chicken tenderloins: Another essential ingredient that is required to make this recipe is chicken tenderloins. You can also use boneless chicken breasts.
Salt: Add salt to the chicken marinade and the Alfredo Sauce according to taste.
Spices: In this recipe, you will need paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to make the chicken marinade. You will also need pepper for the Alfredo Sauce.
Oil: You will need oil for sautéing the chicken tenderloins.
Butter: Use salted butter to make the Alfredo sauce. You can also use the unsalted version.
Garlic cloves: Add minced garlic cloves when making the sauce. That’s how you get a unique the Asiago Garlic Alfredo sauce.
Cheese: You will need to add freshly grated Parmesan cheese when making the Alfredo Sauce. Also, you have to add grated Asiago cheese.
Heavy cream: To make the Alfredo Sauce, add heavy cream to get a wonderful creamy texture.
Half and half: You will also need to add half and half milk to make the Alfredo Sauce.
Toppings: Sprinkle your pasta dish with panko bread crumbs and shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to Grill Chicken Tenderloins
First, place chicken tenderloins in a bowl, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and paprika. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Then, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the bottom of a cast iron skillet or use any skillet.
Now, sauté chicken tenderloins on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Finally, remove chicken tenderloins from the pan and allow them to rest on a cutting board.
How to Make Asiago Garlic Alfredo Sauce
First, add butter to a pot/saucepan over medium heat.
Next, add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
After that, heat heavy cream and half and half over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
Once the mixture forms bubbles, add parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese and continue to whisk.
Now, add salt and black pepper and mix.
The sauce might still be runny at this point, but it will thicken as it cools down.
How to Assemble Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo
First, cook tortellini according to the package instructions.
Next, place drained tortellini in an oven-safe dish and pour Alfredo sauce on top.
After that, top it off with sliced chicken tenderloins. Then, sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
Finally, broil on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and cheese begins to brown.
Every Bite is a Burst of Flavor!
Other Recipes You May Also Like:
- Gluten-free Tabouli Salad | Easy keto Tabbouleh
- Spinach and Feta Borek
- Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
- Dajaj Mahshi (Rice-Stuffed Chicken)
- Beef Kafta kabobs
- Effortless Ranch Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Keto Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Dry Chicken Tikka in the Oven
- Hearty Fava Bean Stew
- Easy Keto Chicken Fritters
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Olive Garden Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins:
- 5 chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil for sautéing the chicken tenderloins
- 19 oz. refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
Asiago Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter you can use unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ½ cup Asiago cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins:
- Place chicken tenderloins in a bowl, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and paprika. Let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the bottom of a cast iron skillet or use any skillet. Sauté chicken tenderloins on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the pan and allow them to rest on a cutting board.
Asiago Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- Add butter to a pot/saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Heat heavy cream and half and half over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Once the mixture forms bubbles add parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese and continue to whisk. Add salt and black pepper and mix.
- The sauce might still be runny at this point; it will thicken as it cools down.
Assemble Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo:
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions.
- Place drained tortellini in an oven-safe dish and pour Alfredo sauce on top.
- Top it off with sliced chicken tenderloins. Then, sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and cheese begins to brown.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate only.