Who doesn't love easy and quick-to-make recipes? Especially, if you like Taco Bell food, then you've definitely come to the right place. These homemade and delicious Air Fried Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are just incredible and they will become your favorite appetizer, snack, or a side dish!
Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are crispy, spicy, and richly seasoned potato cubes covered with nacho cheese sauce and smooth sour cream! Made with only a handful of ingredients, this universal dish goes just perfect with Easy Refreshing Salad, as well as with Ranch Chicken Thighs, and also with Beef Kafta kabobs.
A Delicious and Crunchy Copycat Appetizer
This is the return of our beloved potatoes! Potato is one of the most delicious vegetables used in cooking all over the world. Hence, Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes will be your favorite recipe because it pairs so perfect with meat such as Lamb Chops recipe, with chicken meals like Roasted Chicken and Chicken Wings, and with salads like Chickpea Salad and Tabbouleh!
What's So Special About This Recipe?
This famous recipe is a popular menu item of a side dish that is served at Taco Bell for their Fiesta bowls in U.S. locations. In this dish, crispy and seasoned potato bites are richly topped with nacho cheese sauce and light sour cream.
Potato recipes are easy to make and so yummy! These potato cubes turn out to be both spicy and cheesy – two amazing tastes that everyone surely loves.
Interestingly, Taco Bell temporarily removed them from the menu in 2020 but has brought them back because people showed strong continued commitment and were constantly asking for them!
From now on, you don't need to worry anymore about the taco bell’s menu because you can make your own copycat Taco Bell Fiesta Potatoes at home, anytime you wish!
You can serve air fried taco bell cheesy fiesta potatoes as an appetizer and snack, or as a side dish to so many various meals! Vegetarian space friendly crispy potatoes taste amazing with beef, grains, stews, but chicken and salad recipes are the winners!
Enjoy taco bell potatoes with Grilled Chicken Kabobs, Lamb Chops, or Ranch Chicken Thighs! To satisfy a burger craving, try spicy potatoes with a beyond meat burger! For meatless options, serve it along with delicious salads like Chickpea Salad, Easy Refreshing Salad, or famous Tabbouleh!
To make air fried taco bell cheesy fiesta potatoes, you will need the following ingredients:
- Potatoes: You can use yukon gold potatoes or large russet potatoes. Russet potatoes are the best potatoes to use for this recipe because they have a high starch content. It makes them extra crunchy and crispy when cooked. But in case you don’t have them, then just use whatever kind of potatoes you have, daily values of the dish won't be much affected.
- Light olive oil: You can use another light vegetable oil if you want.
- Spices for taco seasoning: You need paprika, garlic powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and dried oregano leaves or oregano powder.
- Salt: Use it to your taste.
- Nacho cheese sauce: Nacho cheese or even canned cheddar cheese sauce goes best with this recipe.
- Dollop of Sour cream: For authentic taste, choose light sour cream.
- Jalapenos, Fresh cilantro, Chipotle sauce, and Hot sauce: Choose your serving size because these are just optional for a spicier taste.
Steps to Prep
As a first step, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and then spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
Next, toss diced potatoes in a large mixing bowl with oil, salt, paprika, cumin powder, oregano, and coriander powder until potato cubes are well coated with the seasonings.
After that, arrange the seasoned cubed potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 13-15 minutes, and shake the basket halfway through.
Finally, place all of the air fried potatoes on a serving plate. Top potato cubes with nacho cheese, sour cream, diced jalapenos, and then garnish with cilantro or diced green onions. Enjoy your spicy potato soft taco!
Hint: Just before taking cooked potato cubes out of the air fryer, warm up nacho cheese in a small bowl in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until warmed through.
A Delicious Appetizer
- You can make homemade nacho cheese if you prefer but it won’t be as close to the taco bell recipe. Or, you could also use shredded cheese as well as canned cheddar cheese sauce.
- To make this dish a vegan one, use vegan cheese sauce and dairy free sour cream.
- You can also get creative and use sweet potatoes instead of usual potatoes in this copycat recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you wish to prep ahead of mealtime, you can store the uncooked, seasoned potatoes in the fridge for a few hours.
Yes in case you are gluten-intolerant, you can fully enjoy the best homemade taco bell cheesy potatoes.
Definitely you can use either fresh or frozen potatoes. Both ways work perfect.
A Crispy Snack that Everyone Will Love!
- Spicy: Add chili pepper flakes or banana peppers while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Deluxe: Add crispy onions for a special taste and wrap the dish in a flour tortilla!
- Kid-friendly: Omit jalapenos and hot sauce and serve with some ketchup.
This recipe needs just a Cosori Air Fryer, but in case you don't have any, then you can perfectly bake the potatoes in the oven!
Simply prep the potatoes as described in the instructions and instead of putting them in air fryer, put the coated potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
Bake at 425 F for about 30-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. They are done when they are fork-tender with brown edges.
Serve and top as described above in the recipe instructions.
- Put the cooked potatoes in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat leftover potatoes, put them back in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Note that they will not be as crispy as they were the first time.
- You can freeze the diced potatoes up to 3 months.
- There's no need to peel potatoes if you don’t want to! Leaving potatoes unpeeled will make them extra crispy.
- For an easy clean up afterwards, you can toss the potatoes with the oil and seasoning in a large sealed Ziploc bag until all potato cubes are coated evenly.
- You can bake taco bell potatoes in the oven at 425 F for about 30-40 minutes.
A Delicious and Spicy Side dish
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try:
- Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer
- Low Carb Cheesy Alfredo Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Easy 60 Minutes Crispy Air Fryer Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan
- 10 Minutes Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon
- Totino's Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- ½ lb. Yukon gold potatoes about 4-5 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves or oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup nacho cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapenos optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro optional, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Peel, wash, and dice potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with salt, paprika, garlic powder, cumin powder, oregano, and coriander powder. Toss until potatoes are coated with the seasonings.
- Arrange the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 13-15 minutes, and shake the basket halfway through. Place air fried potatoes on a serving plate.
- Top it with nacho cheese, sour cream, diced jalapenos, and garnish with cilantro.
Leave a Reply