Barramundi with Lemon Butter Sauce is your new restaurant-style dish ready in less than 20 minutes. Served with a lemon garlic butter sauce, this barramundi recipe is simple, quick, and easy, but don't be fooled... It is sure to get you hooked from the first bite.
Don’t Miss this Incredible Flaky Goodness!
Most people ask about how to cook barramundi in a pan. My recipe is considered one of the easiest barramundi recipes you can learn. Let’s go deep to get to know my barramundi fillet recipe that will surely impress your loved ones.
Barramundi Vs Sea Bass
Barramundi fish, also known as Asian sea bass or giant perch, is a white-fleshed fish. It has a mild sweetness and a firm texture.
Barramundi fillets are saltwater fish that are considered the tastiest sustainable fish in the United States.
Despite the sea bass name, there are a few differences between barramundi fish and sea bass fish.
While barramundi fish is more commonly found from South Asia to Papua New Guinea and Northern Australia, the sea bass fish is found in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
A Delicious Recipe for the Whole Family
Lemon Butter Barramundi Ingredients
To make the Barramundi with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Unsalted butter: The secret of the buttery flavor of pan fried barramundi butter is the butter you use. I like using unsalted butter.
- Barramundi fillets: Use high-quality Barramundi fillets to get the best lemon butter barramundi dish ever.
- Spices: To season the fillet and make the sauce, you will need the following spices: garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Salt: according to taste.
- Fresh lemon: Thinly fresh lemon wedges are a must to decorate your serving plate.
- Cloves garlic: To make the lemon butter sauce, you will need to add minced garlic cloves.
- Heavy cream: This is a necessary ingredient to make garlic lemon butter sauce.
- Fresh parsley: Sprinkle your serving plate with finely chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Check the recipe card for quantities.
How to Pan Fry Barramundi Fillets
First, season barramundi fillets on both sides with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Then, melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add barramundi fillets to the pan and fry in the melted butter on each side for 4-5 minutes.
After that, add lemon slices and minced garlic to the pan. Pour heavy cream over the fillets and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Reduce the heat to low and cook for two minutes, or until little brown bits appear.
Finally, spoon sauce over the fish and serve immediately. You can also serve an additional small bowl of this delicious sauce.
Squeeze Lemon Juice and Start Your Meal
What Goes Well with Lemon Butter Barramundi
Enjoy the buttery flavor of this lemon butter barramundi fillet dish with any of the following pleasant serving dishes or suggestions:
- Salads: The best way to serve barramundi fillets is alongside refreshing salads. Add to your menu Tabouli Salad | Easy keto Tabbouleh or Refreshing Pomegranate Salad, and enjoy the flavor.
- Veggies: Grilled veggies are optimum side dishes to pair with lemon butter barramundi. Try it with Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer, Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan, or Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli with Parmesan.
- Fresh herbs: Sprinkle fresh herbs on top of these yummy flaky golden brown barramundi fillets before serving. Fresh parsley, fresh basil, or fresh rosemary will add a delectable flavor to this fillet’s dish. Sesame seeds are also good topping if you like their taste.
- Rinse barramundi fillets under cold water and then pat them dry with paper towels until completely dry.
- Pan fry barramundi skin off in a large frying pan. After 5 minutes of pan frying, flip them using a fish spatula.
- Because barramundi is so delicate, you should cook it in a nonstick pan. If you have a fish spatula, I recommend using it to help you flip the fillets without tearing them.
Frequently Asked Questions
They are found in the freezer section of any supermarket. You can buy barramundi fillets ahead of time and keep them in your freezer for a couple of weeks.
Barramundi fillets are light, flaky, and mild-tasting white fish meat.
Yes, they are considered healthy fish fillets since they are high in omega-3 fatty acids and are great low-carb options, which makes them good for people on the keto diet or paleo diet plans.
Absolutely, you can! In fact, the seafood seasoning includes garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, in addition to the black pepper.
Yes! You can also make the sauce one week ahead and store it in an airtight container.
Sustainable fish have either been farmed or farmed in ways that take into consideration a long term vitality of the species, and the well-being of the oceans.
Your New Favorite Fish Dish
- Fillet fish: You can make this recipe with other types of fish as Chilean sea bass fillets, red snapper fillets, salmon fillets, or sea bream fillets.
- Butter: You can use brown butter or ghee instead of unsalted butter.
What I love about this recipe are the variations you can create. Next time, try one of these delicious variations.
- Fish en Papillote: It means fish cooked en papillote which is French for “in a paper”. The barramundi fillet is sealed in parchment paper with olive oil, bell pepper, kalamata olives, and more.
- Easy grilled barramundi: Grilled fish is one of the recipes used in family gatherings. Fire up your grill, and cook your fillets, then serve them with light salads, fresh herbs, and marinated white beans.
Bursting with Flavor!
- Storing: Store the barramundi with lemon butter sauce leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
- Reheating: Reheat lemon butter barramundi leftovers in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
- Do not use the same utensils that previously touched raw Barramundi fillets on cooked food.
- Wash your hands after touching raw Barramundi fillets.
- Don't leave the raw Barramundi fillets food out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Easy Barramundi with Lemon Butter Sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 Barramundi Fillets about 4 ounces each
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Season Barramundi Fillets on both sides with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add Barramundi Fillets to the pan and fry on each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Add lemon slices and garlic to the pan. Pour heavy cream over the fillets and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Reduce the heat to low and cook for two minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.