Want to make a copycat Taco Bell Mexican pizza at home? Using your air fryer, you can make this Keto Mexican Pizza in no time. And guess what? My recipe is keto!
So, if you are a huge fan of Taco Bell, this is one of the best Copycat Recipes. Layered tortillas, refried beans, taco meat, gooey cheese, and sauce make this Air Fryer Keto Taco Bell Mexican Pizza just like the real thing, or even better. You can literally make it any night of the week.
Crunchy & Delicious!
Air fryers are all the rage, and the truth is that you can make just about anything in them! We use it several times a day to prepare everything from our main course to side dishes, desserts, and more.
This taco bell copycat pizza is a unique way to spice up taco night! A bite of this meaty, cheesy goodness will take you back to the times you ate Taco Bell Mexican pizza with your closest friends and family. Serve it with Air Fried Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes and a bowl of taco salad and enjoy!
Alright, let's get right to the quick and easy Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza recipe.
This Taco Bell Version Will Cure Your Cravings
Why You'll Love this Copycat Version
It's simple! You can use your imagination because you're at home and this recipe is difficult to mess up! Feel free to top your own Mexican pizza with your favorite toppings.
It's so delicious! This recipe is a great option if you don't feel like going out, but still want your favorite Mexxican food. Forget about the drive-through!
It's fast! It would probably take less time to make a tasty dinner than it would to go to the drive-through and get your food. Dinner can be made in about 25 minutes.
Did Taco Bell Discontinue the Mexican Pizza?
Yes, they did for some time, but as of May 19, 2022, the Mexican Pizza is now back at Taco Bell. I still prefer my healthier version to Taco Bell's because it's air fried, keto, and incredibly delicious.
Keto Mexican Pizza Ingredients
Meat Sauce Ingredients
Ground Beef: You will need ½ pound of ground beef.
White Onion: You'll need some finely chopped white onions to flavor the beans.
Spices: For this recipe, you will need taco seasonings (you can use any brand you like), cumin, and paprika.
Water: A small amount of water is needed to make the meat saucy.
For the Mexican Pizza Topping You Will Need
Tortillas: For this keto pizza recipe you will need low carb flour tortillas. I used low carb mission tortillas.
Refried Pinto Beans: If you don't have refried beans, you can use bean dip.
Cheese: You can use Mexican cheese only. I used shredded Mexican cheese blend and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Tomatoes: For the topping, you'll need Roma tomato finely chopped.
Enchilada sauce or salsa: You'll need some red enchilada sauce or salsa.
Top the pizza with your favorite Mexican garnishes, like jalapenos, olives, tomatoes, sour cream, chopped green onions, and some olives.
See recipe card for quantities.
Better than the Real Thing!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, this air fried taco bell’s Mexican pizza tastes great without the ground beef! Just add some extra refried beans or black beans and enjoy a meatless meal.
Make sure your beans aren't too liquidy; it's okay for them to be runny, but not so runny. Spread some salsa over the beans, but not so much that the tortillas become soggy.
The Taco Bell Pizza was discontinued for a number of reasons, one of the most was the packaging. The packaging was so large, because of the size of the pizza.
Sure! Place this homemade Mexican pizza in a preheated oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
Reheat this Taco Bell pizza in a microwave oven or pop back in the air fryer basket on 400 for 3 minutes.
Dip In Your Favorite Sauce
How to Make Keto Mexican Pizza
- First, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and seasonings and cook for three more minutes until onions are translucent. If the taco meat is dry, add ½ cup of water to make it saucy. Set aside.
- Next, brush the tortilla with vegetable oil and then air fry for 2 minutes on each side at 370 degrees F. Repeat the process for the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.
Assemble the Pizza
- Now, place one tortilla on a flat surface, spread refried beans on the tortilla, and then taco meat, followed by tomatoes, cheese, and enchilada sauce.
- Then, add the other tortilla on top, and spread the enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- After that, air fry at 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Finally, slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Kid friendly: You can omit the jalapenos and replace the enchilada sauce with another sauce of your choice to make this pizza kid friendly.
- Toppings: Use any toppings you desire. Black beans, chicken, jalapenos, onions, steak, seasoned rice, red tortilla strips, lettuce, and additional cheese are among the add-ons that are offered on the actual menu.
You will need Cosori air fryer.
Store the cooked ground beef in an airtight container for up to three or four days once it has been chilled. Don't assemble the pizza until you're ready to eat it since tortillas will get soggy in the fridge.
You can freeze the seasoned ground beef easily. Keep it in the freezer for up to three months in an airtight container.
Place the frozen meat in the refrigerator overnight to defrost. Wait until you're ready to eat the pizza before assembling it. Once assembled, I do not recommend freezing it.
Spice Up Your Regular Menu
- You can prepare this keto Mexican pizza ahead of time to make it a quick grab-and-go dinner. Cook the taco meat ahead of time, and you'll have this quick dinner ready in no time!
- The ground beef will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you use cold, leftover taco meat, add 2-3 minutes to the cooking time of these Mexican pizzas.
- Vegetarian: If you want to make this keto Mexican pizza vegetarian, just double up on the refried beans, and it will still be protein-packed. Also use vegan cheese.
- Gluten Free: If you want to make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free tortillas.
An Easy Dinner Idea
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air fryer Sweet and Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- Crispy keto Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fried Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer
- Air fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Crab Rangoons
- Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs- So Crispy
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Taco Bell Keto Mexican Pizza
Meat Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
Mexican Pizza Toppings:
- 8 Low carb flour tortillas I used low carb mission tortillas
- 2 tablespoon oil to brush the tortillas
- ¼ cup refried beans or bean dip
- 1 cup Shredded cheese I used shredded Mexican cheese blend and shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato finely chopped
- ¼ cup red enchilada sauce or salsa
- canned jalapeños
- sour cream
- chopped green onions
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and seasonings and cook for three more minutes until onions are translucent. If the taco meat is dry, add ½ cup of water to make it saucy. Set aside
- Brush the tortilla with oil and then air fry for 2 minutes on each side at 370 degrees F. Repeat the process for the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.
Assemble the Pizza
- Place one tortilla on a flat surface, spread refried beans on the tortilla, and then taco meat, followed by tomatoes, cheese, and enchilada sauce.
- Add the other tortilla on top, and spread the enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply