Chick Fill A Kale Salad is a quick and easy recipe full of fresh vegetables and topped with a vibrant Dijon mustard vinaigrette dressing. The combination of sweet and savory flavors makes for a satisfying and enjoyable experience. Try my own Chick Fil A’s Kale Salad version; it is better than the original recipe with some tweaks!
So Much Goodness in Every Bite!
What is Chick-Fil-A’s Kale Salad?
Chick-Fil-A’s Kale Crunch Salad is served at Chick-Fil-A Restaurants, a chain of American fast food restaurants serving distinct chicken sandwiches.
Chick-Fil-A’s Kale Crunch Side is a salad made with chopped kale and baby broccoli, topped with a mix of dried cranberries, toasted almonds, and a maple vinaigrette dressing.
If you are looking for other delicious copycat recipes, then the following are the ultimate delicious recipes you will not regret trying: Copycat Texas Roadhouse Portobello Mushroom Chicken, Cheesecake Factory Four Cheese Pasta (Copycat), Pasta Da Vinci Cheesecake Factory, etc.
A Special Salad You Will Love
- Delicious: It is brimming with fresh and flavorful veggies drizzled with mustard vinaigrette dressing.
- Quick: If you are short on time and looking for Chick-Fil-A’s Kale Crunch Salad, then you are lucky. This salad will be ready in 15 minutes.
- Versatile: This salad goes crazy with any fresh veggies according to your preference.
- Hassle-free: The great thing about this recipe is that it is hassle-free. With only simple steps, your bowl of kale salad is ready.
- Satisfying: This copycat salad will keep you full for hours as you consume a full meal.
- Healthy: It is the best healthy option for those looking for a nutritious side to their Chick-fil-A meal.
Zoe's Kitchen Chicken Salad Recipe (Copycat), Copycat Jimmy Johns Tuna Salad Recipe, and Copycat Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe are also other delicious healthy options you will love to add to your healthy meal plans.
The Perfect Salad for Kale Fans
Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad Ingredients
To make Copycat Chick-Fil-A’s Kale Crunch Salad Recipe, you will need the following simple ingredients:
Veggies: The main ingredients of this salad are fresh kale and broccoli. I use curly kale, cut into small pieces, and baby broccoli. You can use regular broccoli instead of the baby type.
Olive oil: You will need to add extra virgin olive oil to the salad and the dressing.
Sliced almonds: Top the salad with toasted almonds loaded with healthy fats to enjoy unique crunch bites.
Parmesan cheese: Add it on top of the salad to enrich the flavor.
Dried cranberries will add a little sweetness to this yummy Chick Fil A Kale Crunch salad.
Lemon juice and lemon zest: Brighten up the tangy dressing by adding a splash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Maple syrup: In order to add a hint of sweetness to Copycat Chick Fil A’s Kale Crunch Salad, use pure maple syrup.
Dijon mustard gives the Chick-fil-a kale salad dressing a tangy, pungent, spicy flavor.
Salt: add salt according to taste.
Black pepper: it will give the dressing a sharp spicy taste.
Check the recipe card for quantities.
First, toast the sliced almonds for about 3–4 minutes in a small pan over medium heat. Stir them constantly to avoid burning them.
Then, toast baby broccoli on medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. You can also boil baby broccoli instead of toasting it.
Next, place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage the kale with your hands for 3 minutes until it softens.
After that, place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and mix until all are combined.
When ready to serve, add the toasted baby broccoli and drizzle with the dressing, followed by the toasted almonds, parmesan cheese, and dried cranberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Try this Superfood Kale Salad
Best Ways to Serve Kale Crunch Side Salad
The best part is coming! So let’s see how to enjoy the ultimate hearty kale salad bowl.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Kale Salad is a yummy side dish that pairs well with many main dishes. You can serve it as an appetizer or a snack to enjoy a delicious meal!
A great option to serve this superfood salad is to pair it with chicken breasts or any other chicken cut you love. Try it with Air Fryer Bone in Chicken Thighs- So Crispy, Crispy keto Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Air fryer Sweet and Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks, etc.
Another great way to enjoy this delicious salad is to serve it with salmon. For the best tasting, try this kale crunch salad with any of the following yummy fish recipes, like Pan Fried Lemon Butter Tilapia, Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets, Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer, Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon, etc.
- Kale: Instead of curly kale, you can use Baby kale or regular kale. They work well for this Chick Fil A Kale Salad.
- Broccoli: Simply use Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbage, or green cabbage in place of broccoli.
- Almonds: You can substitute the crunchy almonds with walnuts or pecans.
- Lemon juice: For a sourer flavor, you can use white vinegar, rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.
- Dried cranberries: They can be substituted with golden raisins, dried sour cherries, or dried currants.
This Copycat Recipe Tastes Heavenly
- Dressing: You can switch the chick-fil-a kale salad dressing with any other salad dressing according to your personal preferences. Apple Dijon dressing, turmeric tahini sauce, or pesto sauce work well in this recipe.
- Fresh fruits: Since this recipe is so versatile, you can add your favorite fresh fruits into the salad. Apple slices, orange wedges, fresh strawberries, diced avocado, etc. are all good options.
- Cabbage: For additional colors, you can add purple cabbage or red cabbage into the salad.
- More flavors: You can add more spices for an additional tasty flavor like garlic powder, red pepper flakes, flaky sea salt, etc.
- Make ahead: You can make this salad ahead of time, but make sure not to add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
- Refrigerator: If you have leftover salad, don’t worry. You can simply enjoy it in the next couple of days. Simply store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Massage baby kale with your hands after drizzling the olive oil. This step is optional, but it will tenderize and soften kale for the salad.
- For best results, serve the copycat version of chick-fil-A Kale Salad within a few hours of preparing it.
- For additional crunch, add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, croutons, or crunchy tortilla strips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you can make copycat Kale crunch salad in advance. All you have to do is to store the salad dressing in a mason jar separately from the chopped veggies of the salad. When you're ready to serve, give the dressing a good shake and drizzle it on the chopped veggies and mix until well combined.
Yes! To make this copycat Kale crunch salad recipe vegan, omit the use of parmesan cheese.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Sourandsweets, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience with my recipes. Please share it with me on Instagram.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Kale Crunch Salad
For the Salad
- 1 bunch kale cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch baby broccoli
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
For the Salad Dressing
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a small pan over medium heat, toast the sliced almonds for about 3-4 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning them.
- Toast the baby broccoli for 4 minutes on each side on medium heat. You can also boil baby broccoli instead of toasting it.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage the kale with your hands for 3 minutes until it softens.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, and mix until all are combined.
- When ready to serve, add toasted baby broccoli and drizzle with the dressing, followed by toasted almonds, parmesan cheese, and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.